• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Astro Boy Happy Meal Toys Coming to McDonald's

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicserr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
yellow ledbetter wrote:
I was listening to satellite radio's Ron and Fez show the other day, I forgot exactly what the subject was but at some point a caller had called in to comment on the new Astro Boy movie. Basically what he said was that he had no interest in seeing it because it looked too much like that "Japanese animation shit."and not the Astro Boy he used to know.

Hilarious.

There are moments in life when a facepalm is needed, and this is 1 of them.

That totally made my day. Oh god, the irony. Very Happy

Oh yeah, the utter idiocy of some people... Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
theknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
ninjaclown wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
yellow ledbetter wrote:
I was listening to satellite radio's Ron and Fez show the other day, I forgot exactly what the subject was but at some point a caller had called in to comment on the new Astro Boy movie. Basically what he said was that he had no interest in seeing it because it looked too much like that "Japanese animation shit."and not the Astro Boy he used to know.

Hilarious.

There are moments in life when a facepalm is needed, and this is 1 of them.

That totally made my day. Oh god, the irony. Very Happy

Oh yeah, the utter idiocy of some people... Confused

Are these the same people who say we Americans made pokemon?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:

Stateside, AB's commercials are starting to get a lot more TV airplay. The fact that...

a) Last week, it was heavily promoted during CBS' NFL telecasts, and not just commercials--there was a screen "tag" for the "NFL on CBS Astro Boy Skycam," complete with the titular character himself, during one game...

and

b) Even the My Network network aired AB spots during WWE Smackdown this past weekend (yeah _that_ boggles the mind, I know!)...

indicates to me just how highly the producers think of their product to promo it this much, even in "mainstream" avenues, to really build up the anticipation. The "showdown" between Wild Things and Astro Boy at the box office this weekend should be interesting.

Yeah, the baseball divisional and league championship series, or at least those airing on TBS, have had a "presented by Astro-Boy" stat box pop up at least once or twice a game, and the commercials have been relatively plentiful during them. I'm pleased to see it getting this sort of exposure.
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if I can convince the McD's near me to let me buy all the toys at once. I totally want them.
sakurawei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
that might make me eat at mcdonald's again lol :o
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
If one of these plays the original series' theme song when you push a button on the back, I'm so raiding a Happy Meal. Razz

Too bad the movie doesn't have that.

dangerwhat wrote:
~nanashi~ wrote:
Sweet, well now's a good enough time then ever to buy a happy meal. Unless ordering a happy meal at the age of 22 seems wrong, does it?
Anime smile + sweatdrop

Doesn't seem wrong to me, I still buy them and I'm older than that ^-^;; Granted, I'm a collector and I still have to buy another two meals or something cause there isn't much food in a Happy Meal but still.

Fanboys have been doing this for decades.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2