• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Trigger Discipline

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
I REALLLLLLLYYYYY! Want to get my hands on that DRAGONQUEST VII 3DS REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited and I am also excited for (though not mentioned this week) MEGAMI TENSEI IV and the new FIRE EMBLEM!!!!

So pumped right now!!!!

I'm not, I wanted DQVII to be released on PSN, not ported to crappy Nintendo shitware.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
And once more, people are forgetting that once upon a time, Dragon Quest was known as Dragon Warrior in the U.S.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:
I REALLLLLLLYYYYY! Want to get my hands on that DRAGONQUEST VII 3DS REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited and I am also excited for (though not mentioned this week) MEGAMI TENSEI IV and the new FIRE EMBLEM!!!!

So pumped right now!!!!

I'm not, I wanted DQVII to be released on PSN, not ported to crappy Nintendo shitware.

first off that's up to square-enix of america to release the game on the psn not japan. I highly doubt a digital version will ever make it due to the merger in 2001.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Wait, I remember DQ IX being a thing, as well as IV V and VI DS.
midnighteve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote
I've been playing Harvest Moon ANB since it was shipped out to me by Natsume (I couldn't pass up getting that awesome cow plush!) and it's been a lot of fun. The characters types are a bit better than the usual fare but I'm running into issues with the whole "arrange the town however you want" since you can't neatly move around the houses once people move into them. Also, I've yet to unlock the mine, and a bunch of recipes, so it's a bit frustrating if you're used to playing a game where those things are available to you off the bat. Oh, and yes, I am one of those fans than finagled both animal plushes for my collection Razz
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I like some of Harvest Moon 3DS's ideas (particularly the town customization is pretty cool since I can position all the necessary buildings in a manner that is more efficient to my needs), but I feel like the pace is completely out of whack.

It takes the game like half a month to become vaguely interesting and, even then, I feel like stuff that's interesting is spaced too far apart for its own good.

Then there's the general disimprovements of the UI over games like Rune Factory 3: I'm fiddling around so much just to get stuff done.

They... seriously just need to give us Rune Factory 4 already...

NATSUME (Xseed?) PLS
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Quest VII
One of the many things I really enjoyed about DQVIII's international releases was the inclusion of the Tokyo Symphonic Orchestra versions of Sugiyama's music. Reading that DQVII's remake will follow the same trend as DQVIII makes me very happy. The 3DS's line-up of games continues to impress me.

Dragon Ball Z HD Collection
In my opinion, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 is still the best and most accessible Dragon Ball game around. The second and third Sparking!/BT games are good for their content, but the fighting system has been overused with the Raging Blast games this generation. Burst Limit is arguably the best Dragon Ball game for this console generation and it's a shame they didn't follow up on that game. In regards to the HD collection, I think it's a decent investment for a semi "best of" DBZ games, but not adding online VS. just to get the collection out on the market in time for the holidays is just a mistake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2