• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami Block to Show Tenchi Muyo! GXP

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I bought a single of this show like a couple years ago from my comic shop - it was decent.

Also, yuck Inuyasha.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
mildly disappointing. i already own GXP
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Here it comes. I can safely assume who's going to say something and what those specific people are going to say and it's not gonna be civil AT ALL.
michaelarroyo01

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure they're only showing Inuyasha this week because of the extra hour we get when daylight savings time ends on 11/04/12 at 2am. Although, FMA Brotherhood should be rapping up in 2 weeks, so after that, who knows?

As for GXP . . . You can't deny it was the weakest of all the Tenchi series. I consider it a guilty pleasure, but mostly because of my memories of the original Tenchi. Although, with the new Tenchi series, War on Geminar, being licensed by FUNi, they might end up putting it on after GXP finishes in about six months.

Still, Harem anime back on Toonami . . . WHooo . . .?

Last edited by michaelarroyo01 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I dont mind this at all.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Eh i think Tenchi in Tokyo is far worse than GXP
Hiro94

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Even though this show is kinda old it has never aired on T.V and alot of folks haven't seen it yet.im glad they added it too the lineup.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Hiro94 wrote:
Even though this show is kinda old it has never aired on T.V and alot of folks haven't seen it yet.im glad they added it too the lineup.

I think it aired on the FUNimation Channel when it was syndicated.

Still, [adult swim] are idiots. AMC is going gangbusters with The Walking Dead. Zombies are big right now and maybe are at the cusp of it's popularity. Why no Highschool of the Dead? That right there is a license to print money!!

It's just mind boggling that stupidly obvious shows that could thrive on Toonami right now ratings wise is being hindered by the prejudice of the higher ups and idiot fans.

Last edited by Sunday Silence on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. GXP.

Well, I guess it could be worse. It could be TM OVA 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
So there trying to kill there anime
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

Given their track record, I'm wondering why they still waste money on licensing Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist for broadcast and rehashing broadcasts of GITS and CP when it's been shown they don't give a rip about anime. This revival of Toonami is looking more like a clever and wasteful way to get a business deduction for the more profitable areas of AS to pay less taxes!!
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Yea. Though I guess it doesn't matter to me that much. Since the previous shake ups on AS I don't even bother watching that time slot anymore. Finally, I can dig the dvds out of my closet and watch at leisure instead of "up all night"....AS choices are that sad.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I like the Tenchi universe and all, but...
Yeah, I'll watch it but I wish there'd have been something better to put in there... (Like really this is ridiculous. Between some of the old stuff they aired and the new stuff that's come out... Come the hell on man Sad . I mean, imo with DW, S7 and Casshern Sins the block was actually looking good!)
Like, I dunno, the other Inuyasha series/season?

Hell, I'd have rather they'd aired Tenchi in Tokyo... as I rather liked it when it aired way back when...

Last edited by peachsncreamsoda on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

Given their track record, I'm wondering why they still waste money on licensing Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist for broadcast and rehashing

Because they get ratings. Bleach is the highest rated show on the block. People need to remember their budget is not that high. I would love it if Tiger and Bunny were on the block given how great the dub is but it's not feasible right now.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Toonami is the retirement home of Funimation's third tier properties. Just like your grandparents, you can visit them once every week, but only for thirty minutes, and only if you have nothing better to do.

Actually, it's more like the grave of Funimation's third tier properties.

Expect MoonPhase, Solty Rei, and Burst Angels sometime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8