• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz HQ Shuts Down for the Week After Flash Flood

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
flood damage can be insane >.<

Tell me about it! My hometown is New Orleans. I wonder if this is from remnants of Hurricane Rick.
bci110

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Tell me about it! My hometown is New Orleans. I wonder if this is from remnants of Hurricane Rick.

Could be. Cali did get a lot of rain over the last couple of days.
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
This probably won't make my "on order from manufacturer" Kenshin VIZBIG volumes come any faster. Anime smile;;

Shouldn't cause any delay considering that Simom & Schuster does Viz's distributing for manga and the printing press is located else where. The only titles are at harm are the titles that are in current production (translating, editing, ect...).

It's the same for the anime DVDs, Warner Bros handles the distributing and most like the authoring and replicating as well.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I just got ANNtrolled. I thought they had just shut down. Then I skimmed and read something about a manhole. Then I thought they licensed the manga Manhole. I should just read everything from now on.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Floods: Because the anime and manga industries don't have enough problems already. Rolling Eyes
moohoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

lol no no rick is heading for baja california wich is mexico. im in sanjose my self a week before maybe less we had a very big storm. lol get this it was left overs from the Typhoon in japan Razz. and CA right now is very wet still n the rain from yesterday was not well ty weth man. supposed to be heavy but it was anycase we all good now stinky lol
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
moohoo wrote:
504NOSON2 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

lol no no rick is heading for baja california wich is mexico. im in sanjose my self a week before maybe less we had a very big storm. lol get this it was left overs from the Typhoon in japan Razz. and CA right now is very wet still n the rain from yesterday was not well ty weth man. supposed to be heavy but it was anycase we all good now stinky lol

No, no... That was last week's storm... This week's storm was something no one was expecting, light rain and that's it.
moohoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
moohoo wrote:
504NOSON2 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

No, no... That was last week's storm... This week's storm was something no one was expecting, light rain and that's it.
i gess if you call that downpore a storm as i sed ty weth man for saying light rain lol u ever see that movie the weatherman lol wers my shake time to throw jk Twisted Evil
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
moohoo wrote:
lol no no rick is heading for baja california wich is mexico. im in sanjose my self a week before maybe less we had a very big storm. lol get this it was left overs from the Typhoon in japan Razz. and CA right now is very wet still n the rain from yesterday was not well ty weth man.

SoCal's dry as a bone.
Most likely one of the problems is the ground is so soaked from the prior storms, it can't absorb this one so well resulting in the flooding. They warn us of landslides when we get multiple storms that cause street flooding that the ground being so unusually wet makes it more prone to fall on us.
Had this storm come a week from now, it probably would have been no big deal.
Or if it hit down here...it'd be nice to get some rain down here. I still say here we are, 21st century & we can't manage our flooding & drought areas? Of course that would take planning & cooperation between communities & even states.
moohoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
moohoo wrote:
lol no no rick is heading for baja california wich is mexico. im in sanjose my self a week before maybe less we had a very big storm. lol get this it was left overs from the Typhoon in japan Razz. and CA right now is very wet still n the rain from yesterday was not well ty weth man.

SoCal's dry as a bone.
Most likely one of the problems is the ground is so soaked from the prior storms, it can't absorb this one so well resulting in the flooding. They warn us of landslides when we get multiple storms that cause street flooding that the ground being so unusually wet makes it more prone to fall on us.
Had this storm come a week from now, it probably would have been no big deal.
Or if it hit down here...it'd be nice to get some rain down here. I still say here we are, 21st century & we can't manage our flooding & drought areas? Of course that would take planning & cooperation between communities & even states.
i feel you man you guys in san diego dont get much rain but more fires sux. the storm that hit us well mix with that typhoon not the one that flood san fran. but before was what ended our fire seson and ........me liveing in cali i hate wind and rain so yaaa Mad
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote
If I recall correctly I think ADV had a similar situation a while back too.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Ouch, that's nuts, I hope they have insurance, otherwise, that could be expensive.
Prede

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
If I recall correctly I think ADV had a similar situation a while back too.

I think that was with the hurricane or whatever IIRC. They were all OK, but they had to leave their office or whatever.
WhosAsking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:54 am Reply with quote
jonindarkrai wrote:
What about the anime. Why didn't they save the anime. Now well never be able to see the trird bleach movie LOL
Relax. That's probably still over at Studiopolis in LA: safe from the flood. And I think most of their anime (and most of their already-finished manga) are warehoused elsewhere. Wish them luck, though. Getting the ground floor cleaned up is likely to be a pain (at least, from what I can tell, they don't have a basement).
WhosAsking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Ouch, that's nuts, I hope they have insurance, otherwise, that could be expensive.
It can be mandatory depending on the circumstances (example, did Viz take out loans to acquire or renovate the building?).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3