• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Delays The Garden of Sinners DVD Box

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
When did Aniplex USA license the blu-ray version? I thought the blu-ray sets were just imports from Japan. Perhaps, it's just a mistake on the news article.

They aren't really licensing anything since they are just a branch of Sony Music Entertainment, Japan who also runs Aniplex of Japan. It's only a formality that they announce licenses, likely to get the word out to fans that a title will be available soon. It is really quite irrelevant, other than to answer who will be releasing it. I seriously doubt they would release the imports and then subsequently license a domestic repackage to someone else. So no, the article is correct.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
No, the BD box was an import, just like Fate/Zero. This is a domestic release.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
OBAMA DELAYED GARDEN OF SINNERS TO BUY VOTES AND HIDE A LOST CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT MAKING A TURKEY THE REAL PRESIDENT!

Quote:
Quote:
Their pricing scheme still needs to go. We are not the Japanese fanbase--why make us pay an arm and a leg for our anime?

..... and that is the problem in the US, do you have any idea how little japanese animators make? if their is no profit, then their is no point in trying to release it in the states, they dont make anime for free and the american fanbase should understand, this is anime, not fast food. so stop being cheapskates and starve yourselves for a few days.Mad

another thing to consider is the american animation market is fueled by many things outside the dvd market, mostly food and toys, and that reaches throughout the united states. japan does not have much by comparison, yes they are arguably the best place for that stuff but it has its own limits.

did you know the manga-ka for naruto still lives at home because she does not make enough to move out?.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: No need to insult the entire country because of one company's pricing point. If you have something constructive to say, say it, instead of ranting your frustration. -TK]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3