• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNual Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiderG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Sa-chan66 wrote:
PHEW!!

I bought my pumpkin yesterday and carved it today at 11:30am and finished around 3:30pm! =___= I'm exhausted. I even got a cut. Darn exacto knife.

I'm thoroughly proud of my pumpkin carving this year and once I lit it it made me sooo giddy! All of my mistakes turned out amazing and I'm just so happy. I enter this contest as much as I can with only one pumpkin a year and I do hope I at least finish somewhere good. Also I've never seen any pumpkin carvings done by the series I chose so it makes me feel special. =3

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see the competition!

ditto. except change my hours from 3pm to 10:30pm and nix the cut. my hand is sore.
Akukame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
RiderG wrote:
Sa-chan66 wrote:
PHEW!!

I bought my pumpkin yesterday and carved it today at 11:30am and finished around 3:30pm! =___= I'm exhausted. I even got a cut. Darn exacto knife.

I'm thoroughly proud of my pumpkin carving this year and once I lit it it made me sooo giddy! All of my mistakes turned out amazing and I'm just so happy. I enter this contest as much as I can with only one pumpkin a year and I do hope I at least finish somewhere good. Also I've never seen any pumpkin carvings done by the series I chose so it makes me feel special. =3

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see the competition!

ditto. except change my hours from 3pm to 10:30pm and nix the cut. my hand is sore.

over 7 hours!? o_O Good lord. Makes me feel a lot less dedicated.
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I've done a 12 hour one before ;__; thats no fun at all. I had to speed through this one this year because it crept up on me and I had a party to get ready for and go to so I had a short deadline x__x

I cant wait to see Riders though! You mustve put a lot of dedication into it. I like to listen to music while carving and carving with others (eg-boyfriend <3) that passes the time
Mugimaru904

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:36 am Reply with quote
Finally finished my pumpkin carving for this contest. This is the first contest I have entered on ANN that didn't involve just submitting your name for a random drawing, so I am eager to see how mine stacks up against the other entries. I think all together I spent somewhere around 8 hours or so carving this up, but I'm not sure if that's because I tried to get as much detail as possible or because I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was 12 years old. Either way, when I saw this contest pop up, I had a sudden burst of inspiration to carve something from Higurashi. I look forward to seeing the other entries, and good luck to everyone who entered.
maddoghoek100

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
Well, I hope that they add a few more prizes for second and third place, even if it is little stuff. So much of judging is subjective. I am sure there will be several that you could say deserve to win.
RiderG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote
i forgot, are we supposed to receive confirmations that our entry(ies) were received?
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Just submitted my two entries... I hope I did everything right x_X
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quote
RiderG wrote:
i forgot, are we supposed to receive confirmations that our entry(ies) were received?

I dont think we are supposed to get one. I didn't get one last year. Anime cry
ladygoddess8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote
Will the pictures be up before the results? And when? I really want to see what people carved on their pumpkins!
tbartist09

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I am new to the anime news network forum - although not so terribly new to the website. This is the first time I've submitted a pumpkin. Last year I made an attempt, but as I read in previous posts regarding this topic: small pumpkins are extremely hard to carve ...well that is if you are doing a more complex design. I used an 18" pumpkin this time around and it was a lot easier to work with. I was also happy with results. I am more excited to see all the images of everyone's submissions though! Good luck Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
The aniticipation is hurting my kidneys! >.<

just kiddin!

But I really cant wait to see everyones pumpkins! Also the prize for most creepiest hasn't come up yet. The front page said it would be up in a few days, or is it a secret till the entries come up?
RiderG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote
wouldn't that be the Special Prize?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I will start compiling entries today. There were like... close to 70 entries. Possibly even more, as some folks put multiple pumpkins into single emails. I'll have the pictures up soon!
RiderG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I will start compiling entries today. There were like... close to 70 entries.

.... rock on Shocked
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I will start compiling entries today. There were like... close to 70 entries. Possibly even more, as some folks put multiple pumpkins into single emails. I'll have the pictures up soon!

Wow! 70+ entries! x__x

So much competition. Just wondering but why allow people to enter more than one pumpkin? If people enter their best, then you wouldnt have to go through so many. I was just thinking about that. But then again if you have an only one pumpkin per entry rule, I'm sure people will just find ways around it. Ignore this I'm running in circles Anime smallmouth;;;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12