• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inubaka Film Trailer, Tokyo Anime Fair 09 Video Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Interesting yet sad trailer. I should get back into this manga because I love dogs. This is essentially a manga about dog otaku. I also like the implied romance between Suguri and Teppei. This manga is important because it acts like a manga guide to raising dogs.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote
OMG, they actually showed the dog poo! It might be "censored", but it's there. They don't even do that in American sitcoms. The actors don't look anything like the characters, and you can tell this was shot on a set, but the cute dog-service might make me overlook it, if they bring it over here.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
GATSU, other live-action versions of other manga titles will have the cast not resembling the manga version of their characters. Viz, license this please. This is a blend of human's best friend and the epidemic that we call otaku.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Sure enough, the actress they picked to play Suguri doesn't make me think of Suguri the same way--perhaps because of the ponytail? Regardless, it looks like a cute adaptation of the cute manga with all its cute, irresistable dogs, and it looks like it's going to have a lot of heart. I'm already guessing the movie only covers events in the manga up until before the new pet store opens. Here's hoping Viz Cinema licenses it so I can check it out.
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I probably shouldn't have just watched that. I'm in public and trying very hard to hold back tears from the scene where the golden dies. My own golden retriever died 7 months ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Elly: I'm sorry about your loss. If you think it might help, the manga at least tries to be optimistic about these things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1