• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GKids to Show Up on Poppy Hill, A Letter to Momo in LA

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
GKids? I'm not all sure what this distributer does, but just seeing the word kids I have a bad feeling they're going to take out that brother and sister thing on UoPH.
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
GKids is a pretty well known distributor. I doubt Ghibli will allow any changes without approval.

More on GKids at:
company#9638
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
Darn it's in the LA area. Hopefully we'll get a screening of Poppy Hill here. A Letter to Momo already screened at this year's festival. I had a chance to speak to one of the reps. But before then on a site that keeps up with their released it stated that A Letter to Momo was acquired for release under the Newvideo subsidiary. They are the same company that released Chico & Rita and Cat In Paris. So they plan to hopefully release it by fall, but I'm not going to hold my breath as things can change. Plus, Momo received the highest of awards among the other entries screened this year. But at least they are getting some of the newer Miyazaki movies too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1