• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Weekly Shonen Sunday to Reveal New Anime in 2013

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
spoiler[Gash Bell reboot dammit!]

ok thats an impossible dream...

either TWGOK season 3 (though probably not as likely) or silver spoon... I was waiting to get into it when the manga got liscenced stateside, but WTH is taking it so long?! you think something made by the creator of FMA and about friggin cows would get over here sooner...

Viz seems to hate licensing WSS manga since the last one they got was cross game and its been two years since they got that one. I imagine a gin no saji anime would convince them to get the manga (though that hasn't helped magi....)
Lady_Sage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Viz seems to hate licensing WSS manga since the last one they got was cross game and its been two years since they got that one. I imagine a gin no saji anime would convince them to get the manga (though that hasn't helped magi....)

I don't know why, but I've always assumed Viz's Shonen Sunday manga didn't sell as well as some of their other properties. At the very least, the manga don't get as much publicity as the Shonen Jump line and, to a lesser extent, the Shojo Beat line. (Or so it's seemed to me anyway.)

With Silver Spoon, though, I want to believe Viz has been waiting for more volumes to be out (allowing for a less sporadic release schedule once it is licensed and released), but maybe that isn't the case.
zangetsukakashi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
i'd literally MURDER someone for Kongou Banchou to get adapted Very Happy
flackenstien

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I vote for a new season of Kenichi, especially since the recent OVAs have been filling the gap between arcs.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
I vote for a new season of Kenichi, especially since the recent OVAs have been filling the gap between arcs.

I would give all my money for a new season of Kenichi. I can't even catch up to Kenichi now because it's so far away from where the anime left off, it'd give me a good chance to try to catch up. Actually not only Kenichi but I have a ton of manga I would love to have an anime for: Denpa Kyoushi, Gan-Kon, or Ratman.

To bad all these are far off dreams. A man can dream though can't he.
Keyl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
2ch is currently listing a staff for a silver spoon (bones), rin-ne (sunrise), buyuden (jc staff) and a denpa kyoshi anime (a-1 pictures) and gin no saji is listed as a spring anime. Not 100% confirmed.

This could work but i wouldn't mind if Kenichi got a remake similar to how Hunter x Hunter and FMA: Brotherhood got. D of D arc getting animated would be the bomb.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Also, a recent chapter of Kenichi said there would be an important announcement in the next chapter, but it didn't show up.

That might have been because Sunday wanted to wait until 2013 to announce them all.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Technichally some would need to be announced in 2013 since they only plan to make one anime announcment per week so the last 3 (4 counting the inevitable christmas break) anime would need to wait till 2013 for them to be announced. I doubt all of them will be tv anime so i can see kenchi and twogk getting more oads.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Mainly because Raiku packed up all his stuff and is now at Kodansha (Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, etc.)
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Rin-ne and Silver Spoon are basically guaranteed at this point.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
loli_tsubasa wrote:

PSDT: Shonen Sunday is a Shogakukan's magazine, not Shueisha (Shonen Jump).

Yeah I thought something was off when I read this article.

The other day I was categorizing my favorite manga by publisher and titles like Silver Spoon and The World God Only Knows are Shogakukan not Shueisha.

It even says on the ANN page for Weekly Shonen Sunday the publisher is "Shogakukan"

manga#4118

Japanese companies:

Publisher: Shogakukan, Inc.

Awkward...

I'm hoping for a new season of Kenichi (the recent OVAs are covering everything in-between from the end of the Ragnarok arc to what will hopefully be the start of the DofD Tournament.

Silver Spoon is also a safe bet.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

either TWGOK season 3 (though probably not as likely) or silver spoon... I was waiting to get into it when the manga got liscenced stateside, but WTH is taking it so long?! you think something made by the creator of FMA and about friggin cows would get over here sooner...

Oh so I have to wait for viz huh? oh well I quit, guess I'll just cheat and find scans...
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
A RIN-NE anime was inevitable, and this is about the time for it.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
silver spoon might be better as drama. Not many new good anime coming from manga nowadays. It's all about LN or novel.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
silver spoon might be better as drama. Not many new good anime coming from manga nowadays. It's all about LN or novel.

I agree yet disagree, except with the drama part, I'm not a fan of those at all.

I agree that anime adaptions tend to screw over the manga, things that come to mind are beelxebub and the Ao no Exorcist, which was a solid show up until it pulled that BS arc for the end. However I can think of manga to anime adaptions that have worked; TWGOK for example, its not anywehre near caught up but everything they animated has been source material...(ok acctually I'm not sure about that last episode in season 1...), Bakuman has a pretty sweet deal going for it and then there are the real special occasions like 2011 hunter x hunter. As for Novel Adaptions, I can't speak for everything, as the only novel I'm currently reading from the anime is Index, but not all novel series have been really great, SAO and C3 come to mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3