• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Section23 Films Announces July Slate

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:36 am Reply with quote
Golgo and Hell Girl? Hella cool. Yeah, I said it.... Back in the day I never knew Golgo 13 was a manga. I just knew is was a game I played for hours on my mighty Nintendo. Sheesh, I think it was even the 8bit Nintendo. I'll buy these as soon as they hit the shelves.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quote
I'm not super excited about Golgo 13's implied price point. $59.99 translates to $40-50 retail. That's pretty god damn steep for 13 episodes.

I blame the need for a dub.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
I'm not super excited about Golgo 13's implied price point. $59.99 translates to $40-50 retail. That's pretty god damn steep for 13 episodes.

I blame the need for a dub.

I still fear that Golgo's fanbase isn't that large. Even fansubbers and fansub watchers gave up on the show because they felt it was "same thing, different episode". If definitely is, but it remains pretty awesome.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quote
Wait, is this the second season of Hell Girl finally showing up? That's a kind of vague press release...I don't want to get my hopes up until I know for sure. Couldn't care less about a re-release of the first, but keep the excellent dub and finally bringing the series back? Yes please!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Wait, is this the second season of Hell Girl finally showing up? That's a kind of vague press release...I don't want to get my hopes up until I know for sure. Couldn't care less about a re-release of the first, but keep the excellent dub and finally bringing the series back? Yes please!

According to TRSI's site, they'll start selling Hell Girl 2, Collection 1 as of May 25 and then Collection 2 as of July 27. Sadly, no dubs as of yet. But as we know from Clannad, Blue Drop, etc, Sentai sometimes releases a sub only first and provides a dub release later.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Though they'll only do that if they see that the sub releases sold well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1