• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boxee Media Center Software Adds Crunchyroll Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote
I guess that's nice, but all this "GET YOUR COMPUTER TO YOUR TV!!!!!" seems kind old for me. Nothing's more simple than just plugging a laptop directly into a TV these days, or gives the same amount of quality or control.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
I may have to check this out. One of my biggest complaints about streaming video has been that the browser apps aren't very remote-friendly.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I may try this out as a Crunchyroll subscriber.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Does it still rely on the same flash player? If not I might take a look since my current computer has problems with the player, but if it does it will probably just makes things worse through overheads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Have to try it out and see how it works...

In the meantime, my laptop is just another HDMI device for my TV... its great! I love watching stuff from CR in HD on my TV!!! Awesome!!!
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote
We tried using Boxee for a while with a server we connected to our TV with a Wii-Mote. It sorta worked ok but was very buggy and not very reliable. The Wii-Mote was great but Boxee just didn't cut it. I still find Hulu easier even though it is tougher to navigate without using the mouse/keyboard combo.

I'm not a techie type so I couldn't tell you exactly what was wrong with the ap/program. What I can tell you is that it was difficult to troubleshoot and often times their videos were blocked because they were just pulling from someone's site. In other words, I won't be looking forward to this at all. So don't be surprised when it starts acting up or the vids don't work. *shrugs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Good thing I have a computer connected to my two tvs, so I don't have to bother with this stuff. Instead, they should do something about the laggy video I'm getting lately; sometimes I have to choose a lower quality, otherwise it's just not watchable. And no, it's definitely not my bandwidth which is the problem here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1