• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Cartoon Network Puts Bakugan on Saturday Nights

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Dmysta3000 wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:
You know what would have been a good idea... show the remianing episodes of One Piece they have but havn't shown...

I agree. Why the hell did they get rid of One Piece in the first place!? Evil or Very Mad

That's what i was thinking. cause of a lack of a TV broadcast,the dub version has became one of the most pirated,illegaly stramed and downloaded in internet histroy. what's worse is that somehow,those illegal streamers are putting the epsiodes 2-3 weeks before those mini box sets are out. And now that shippuden as been give at the mercy of X.D cause their edits are downright awful compared to the CN edits of naruto.it aint 4kids bad,but bad nevertheless.

If measures arent done like a better broadcaster than X.D and stoping those illegal streamers in their tracks,it's gonna suffer the same fate as one piece.

Either way it's good that anime is back on that timeslot cause i like bakguan & yugioh and i'm a diehard pokemon fanatic,but they need better anime if they want fans to forgive them for the uncalled ending of toonami and what would really help is a return of one piece and a rescue of shippuden,and broadcast them to the Adult Swim 10:00pm timeslot before X.D destroys it completely with it's 4kids clone edits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caliryder209

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
To those of you unhappy with CN's decision to air Bakugan, you should think twice about posting your complaints. What if someone who works for CN stumbles upon (or find in a search) this thread and misinterprates it as us not being happy with their decision to even attmpt airing anime on Saturday nights again? They'd see your comments, and probably think "these viewers can't appreciate sh*t. We give them a little of what they've been begging for, and this is how they respond?". Yes, I, too, think that CN could have chosen a better anime to air in place of Bakugan, but at the same time, I'm grateful for it (that is, if this is CN experimenting with re-airing anime on Saturay nights). So, no matter how horrible Bakugan may seem, just tune in and watch it ( only if you believe this is experimental as well). Hell, you don't even have to watch it. Just turn the TV on in any room in your house, tune it to Cartoon Network, and then go do something somewhere else. It's what I do. Or, at the very least, stop complaining about it.
moohoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:15 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
moohoo wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:
moohoo wrote:
Lol this shows CN still has a weekness. we all no or new there CN real wasint going anywere. its a joke beside playing re runs of old stuff CN is dead/dieing. trust me when i say there gnna start bringing anime back or thay can rest wich im sure thay wont do. anime made them with out it there just a dead stick. thay can't come up with anything original like there ghost hunters, show for kids wow that was very original lol. there sad thay can't beat out kids networks like nick and dis them knowing this. there just trying to hold off for pride.....o and as for AS lol that all so keeps geting more n more bad maybe if i was a pot head id love it.... Sad fact being anime is CN with out it there Cartoonlastwork. Twisted Evil

...Does anyone elses brain hurt after reading this?

This is, by no means, a massive return for anime. They probably wanna give the kids something to be interested in watching on saturday night.

And I'll give Bakugan credit, it doesn't seem like it's such an utter piece of trash. I mean, we all know of the **** quality anime that flooded CN in the mid 2000's... Duel Masters is the most unpleasant one that I remember. Bakugan doesn't quite seem to be in that much lower category.

Maybe it has to do with Nelvana being in control of it instead of say 4Kids, maybe it has good marketing and maybe they're not trying to make it work for something it isn't supposed to be. I've seen a few episodes here and there and I'll be honest, if I had a kid, I wouldn't mind them being into it... But if I'm gonna let them nerd out, I'd rather start them on something more tolerable for me like say Magic or some D&D.

So, good to see this happening. It seems the series is pretty damn popular, too bad it doesn't look like it will have the strength to topple pokemon. But hopefully the fans watching this will keep their interest in anime afterwards, if this show is capable of being responsible for more to the fandom, I welcome its presence.
Does anyone elses brain hurt Ya im sorry for that want a hug mt spelling sucks and im not the best when it comes to how do you say eng text im trying my best here

My apologies then, it's hard to tell these days when someone ACTUALLY has trouble with the language, like in your case, and when they're being lazy with their spelling.

Didn't mean to insult. It was more a literal comment, I had trouble reading... But again, sorry. I agree with you though, I don't like this CN Real crap they have on their nowadays... And having just found out a few days ago the Ed, Edd and Eddy movie is FINALLY airing stateside, with little to no early announcement, just makes me realize how little they care about good content/classic shows on their network...

I miss the days of older cartoons filling up the morning/early afternoon hours... At least they still show some classics. Kinda warmed my heart catching an hour of Tom and Jerry earlier today.

Good times... Good times.
Its not a prob it was me and i feel the same way very sad CN that is Sad
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:57 am Reply with quote
Caliryder209 wrote:
To those of you unhappy with CN's decision to air Bakugan, you should think twice about posting your complaints. What if someone who works for CN stumbles upon (or find in a search) this thread and misinterprates it as us not being happy with their decision to even attmpt airing anime on Saturday nights again? They'd see your comments, and probably think "these viewers can't appreciate sh*t. We give them a little of what they've been begging for, and this is how they respond?".
You're joking right? This will just give them something to laugh about at the company Christmas piss up. Laughing
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Dmysta3000 wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:
You know what would have been a good idea... show the remianing episodes of One Piece they have but havn't shown...

I agree. Why the hell did they get rid of One Piece in the first place!? Evil or Very Mad

That's what i was thinking. cause of a lack of a TV broadcast,the dub version has became one of the most pirated,illegaly stramed and downloaded in internet histroy. what's worse is that somehow,those illegal streamers are putting the epsiodes 2-3 weeks before those mini box sets are out. And now that shippuden as been give at the mercy of X.D cause their edits are downright awful compared to the CN edits of naruto.it aint 4kids bad,but bad nevertheless.

If measures arent done like a better broadcaster than X.D and stoping those illegal streamers in their tracks,it's gonna suffer the same fate as one piece.

Either way it's good that anime is back on that timeslot cause i like bakguan & yugioh and i'm a diehard pokemon fanatic,but they need better anime if they want fans to forgive them for the uncalled ending of toonami and what would really help is a return of one piece and a rescue of shippuden,and broadcast them to the Adult Swim 10:00pm timeslot before X.D destroys it completely with it's 4kids clone edits.

How are the shuppuden edits that bad. They're getting better. Please get out of fanboy mode and realize shippuden needs not to be rescued.
Caliryder209

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

You're joking right? This will just give them something to laugh about at the company Christmas piss up.

How so?
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Caliryder209 wrote:
Quote:

You're joking right? This will just give them something to laugh about at the company Christmas piss up.

How so?

Bakugan, like Pokemon, is just one huge animated ad for a toy. They are just trying to sell those crazy little ball things and a few video games, not appeal to the anime masses.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote
sailorsarah08 wrote:
Caliryder209 wrote:
Quote:

How so?

Bakugan, like Pokemon, is just one huge animated ad for a toy. They are just trying to sell those crazy little ball things and a few video games, not appeal to the anime masses.

Almost all anime is an ad for something, home releases, manga, toys, video games, art books, etc.
Caliryder209

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

sailorsarah08 wrote:
    Caliryder209 wrote:
    Quote:

How so?

Almost all anime is an ad for something, home releases, manga, toys, video games, art books, etc.

True. And in that sense the idea of CN airing Bakugan at a later time just to get kids to buy into the craze is nullified. I mean, If they really wanted to suker kids into it that much, don't you think they would have kept Bakugan at its original Saturday morning 8:00 a.m. time slot, in addition to airing later in the evening at 7:00 p.m.? Perhaps CN IS attempting to bring back a Toonami-like block, but not exactly Toonami itself, to Saturday nights; It seems that Teen Titans now has a permanent time slot in Saturday nights , and now Bakugan (both of which were broadcast on Toonami at some time). Even though I never thought it possible myself, but maybe CN is just easing back into this kind of thing due to popular demand.
(and sorry that the quotes came out all screwy, but I'm new to forums. I didn't know how to to quote multiple responses)
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
sailorsarah08 wrote:
Caliryder209 wrote:
Quote:

How so?

Bingo. Bakugan = Bayblade = Pokemon = kids hopefully pestering their parents into buying the merchandice in time for Christmas = dosh into Turner Broadcasting's pockets. You think they care about a small bunch of weeaboo, whinging hikikomori who are over the age of 16, and should get out more? Think about it. A card game is too complicated to your average preschooler. This is an older kids title, say 8-years +, with a product to buy. A 7pm time slot is when most kids will be home and awake to watch, more so than 8am week days when they should be getting off to school. Wink
Caliryder209

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Bingo. Bakugan = Bayblade = Pokemon = kids hopefully pestering their parents into buying the merchandice in time for Christmas = dosh into Turner Broadcasting's pockets. You think they care about a small bunch of weeaboo, whinging hikikomori who are over the age of 16, and should get out more? Think about it. A card game is too complicated to your average preschooler. This is an older kids title, say 8-years +, with a product to buy. A 7pm time slot is when most kids will be home and awake to watch, more so than 8am week days when they should be getting off to school.

If that's the case, then why not broadcast such cartoons every day, like 4:00p.m. on weekdays, when it's more likely that these kids will watch it, instead of only once on Saturdays? And, aside from pulling in ratings, how would Turner benefit from kids buying Hasbro's or Bandai's or whatever company actually manufacturing these toys' products? Also, if your description of those who actually WANT anime back on Cartoon Network was aimed soley at me rather than the general, I reserve my response to it.[/quote]
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
how would Turner benefit from kids buying Hasbro's or Bandai's or whatever company actually manufacturing these toys' products?

Probably advertising dollars or agreements like that. I imagine that Hasbro or Bandai would pay to show commercials and that way give Turner money. Its a reason why some people see shows like this a "30-minute commercial."
Caliryder209

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Probably advertising dollars or agreements like that. I imagine that Hasbro or Bandai would pay to show commercials and that way give Turner money. Its a reason why some people see shows like this a "30-minute commercial."

Ah, I see.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I think you guys misunderstood what I meant. I meant nearly all anime is an ad with few exceptions. For example, every anime that is an adaptation of a manga, serves as an ad for that manga. The Gundam anime series are ads for Bandai's super large model kit lines. Clannad/Air/Kanon/idunno are all ads for their video games. Some series are more obvious to spot as an ad then others. The difference is the quality of these ads.

It's quite clear from my avatar, and username that I'm a fan of one of these obvious ads. Just because it's an obvious ad, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, or mean it lacks quality. Heck, I'd say that of these obvious ads, some are of better quality then those that aren't.

Caliryder209 wrote:
If that's the case, then why not broadcast such cartoons every day, like 4:00p.m. on weekdays, when it's more likely that these kids will watch it, instead of only once on Saturdays? And, aside from pulling in ratings, how would Turner benefit from kids buying Hasbro's or Bandai's or whatever company actually manufacturing these toys' products? Also, if your description of those who actually WANT anime back on Cartoon Network was aimed soley at me rather than the general, I reserve my response to it.

Nelvana sold the US merchandising rights to Bakugan to Warner/Turner. This means Warner earns $$$ off of every Bakugan book, DVD, t-shirt, etc. sold. They don't earn money off the toyline, as that's Spin Masters/SEGA Toys property (More so Spin Master's, as Bakugan tanked in Japan, where SEGA Toys has command).
Caliryder209

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Nelvana sold the US merchandising rights to Bakugan to Warner/Turner. This means Warner earns $$$ off of every Bakugan book, DVD, t-shirt, etc. sold. They don't earn money off the toyline, as that's Spin Masters/SEGA Toys property (More so Spin Master's, as Bakugan tanked in Japan, where SEGA Toys has command).

Ok, that makes it even more clear for me. Oh, and by the way, I understood what you meant. It's just that ,I dislike Bakugan not because it of its heavy advertisement for its merchandise, but because it flat out sucks (in my oppinion). It's boring and dosen't hold my slightest interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4