• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Rosario + Vampire GN 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:38 am Reply with quote
I hate to admit it, but I thought the low-brow comedy in the second half of the manga was funnier than anything I've read in a while. It's not gonna win an Eisner, but it felt like the series was back in form. I'm not fond of those serious arcs, either, since they don't seem to raise the stakes much. But I just hope the sequel isn't just a cash-in.
giascle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I loved the buildup of this arc; the characters were getting the crap beat out of them left and right and I honestly thought someone was going to die. But no, disappointed yet again. R+V is one of my favorite manga, but it really has to rise above its consistent mediocrity. Season II isn't much better.

Also good job spoiling the entire first half, back cover.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
giascle wrote:
Also good job spoiling the entire first half, back cover.

Never ever read the back covers of manga! That's my policy! At least half of them ruin large chunks of the plot (assuming they don't flat out misrepresent the story), and I get sick of the overuse of exclamation points!
Miranox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quote
This manga might be stupid and boring but at least it has hot girls. Laughing Seriously, if you're looking for anything other than fanservice then it's best to look elsewhere.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:08 am Reply with quote
Miranox wrote:
This manga might be stupid and boring but at least it has hot girls. Laughing Seriously, if you're looking for anything other than fanservice then it's best to look elsewhere.

Not quite. it has a interesting stroyline to tell,but this is a harem series at best cause it has all those moster girls aiming for one lame human boy and most harem mangas get a little stale,then gets interesting again.

R + V is Similar to both anime and manga versions of Girls Bravo & the anime version of Shuffle which are my utmost favourite.

preety sure it will get better when 2nd version comes around and it is popular in the US according to those NY Times catagory.

not susprised it got a bad review cause most harem/fanservice series gets those grades unless it's from Love Hina's creator.

I've read them so far and like them and will be looking forward to vol 10 and the 2nd season, though what i really hope is that the anime version comes to the US as well. that would be interesting if it did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DragoZERO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering if the reviewer even likes this kind of genre? All of his reviews for this series have been negative.

This is a pretty harsh review, its sounds like its coming from a biased point of view. I will admit this wasn't the best volume, but it is no where near as bad as its being described.

I hope this review doesn't put people off reading it. There is a good reason why its on the NY Times best seller list and has high user ratings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1