• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Negima! OAVs - Spring & Summer (subtitled)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
Only one is beach focused. The other is a hotspring (if I remember correctly...)

And, sure, they're may be "boobs", but there is no nudity.

It acts more as food for fans, who love the series...

I bought waaaaaay back for Christmas last year. It wasn't bad. For $15. I've spent worse (like getting the first vol. of 1st Gundam without knowing the rest was out of PRINT!!!)

Oh well, it's kinda weird that ANN is posting these eps though...?
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
...Yeah, this isn't the best anime that ANN could have streamed. Jinki and Heroic Age are must better.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Heh, yeah, I'm not exactly a fan of Negima myself, but hey, plenty of people are. We have the second TV series coming too.

The second half of Heroic Age is coming later this week, and Funi just sent me a hard drive chock full of love, so there's plenty more good stuff coming, even if this particular show isn't for you.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
Only one is beach focused. The other is a hotspring (if I remember correctly...)

Yeah, spring is beach, summer is spa/hotspring.

No nudity? Um, they're all naked in the hotspring episode. It's fogged out, mainly, but there's lots of nudity.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No nudity? Um, they're all naked in the hotspring episode. It's fogged out, mainly, but there's lots of nudity.

But you can't REALLY see the "nips". I don't call that "nudity", but, hey, some find this here content to be arousing all by themselves.

Like I said: It was a good buy. I'm a fan of the manga, more than anything. Ken is actually one of my favorite mangaka's. Love Hina helped me get into anime/manga.

Quote:
We have the second TV series coming too

Really? Haven't seen THAT one yet... Mostly 'because it's not original. But if it'll be here (dubbed), I'll check it out. Most definately.

Quote:
Jinki and Heroic Age are must better

Don't find Jinki interesting... But people say that Age is bad or at least sup-par. But I'll check it out. I'm afan of Hanai's design style, and Xebec usually make some great anime.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see ANN is streaming the OVAs

They are nice little short stand alone episodes. I like the Summer OVA a little more but thats just me and my not caring for beach themed episodes.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
Quote:

But you can't REALLY see the "nips". I don't call that "nudity", but, hey, some find this here content to be arousing all by themselves.

Sorry, I made the mistake of assuming "nudity" was the state defined by a lack of clothing.

Last edited by Dorcas_Aurelia on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Neilon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Heh, yeah, I'm not exactly a fan of Negima myself, but hey, plenty of people are. We have the second TV series coming too.

The second half of Heroic Age is coming later this week, and Funi just sent me a hard drive chock full of love, so there's plenty more good stuff coming, even if this particular show isn't for you.

While I didn't buy this series because of the steaming, I have bought others as a direct result of ANN streaming or listing them on the site. A whopping majority of them are Funi titles as well. The ability to watch the series via streams is making me more likely to buy Anime rather than skip it entirely.

THank you for bringing these titles to us and please keep it up Smile
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:

I have never seen anyone who like the Negima animes. I think the only person is one person who liked the first half of the second Negima anime before saying that it jumped the shark halfway. I have seen Queen's Blade have fans in the west but never the negima animes.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:25 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Otaking09 wrote:

Yeah, spring is beach, summer is spa/hotspring.

No kidding and there's the untimate fanservice of asuna getting a taste of her own medicence thanks to satomi's robot and to the delight of that Jyria clone of a ermine who gets to watch. Natsu was definately hilarious, whereas the Haru epsiode was somewhat similar to the ending of Vol 7 which should please manga fans somewhat.

Overall both of them are great BUT what should really happen is that they should make another OVA series covering the entire Mahora Budokai arc,especially the hiliarious intakes on who's name is in the Chao lin family tree,if it was the the real thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:26 am Reply with quote
To bad they decided to do OVAs for the Magical world arc and only leave a part of a drama CD for the Festival arc. Not to say the drama CD was bad, it was only the Negi vs Al fight chapters but it was still better then nothing.

As much as I would love a 26 episode + new series for the big 10+ volumes of missing story. It's not going to happen to at least there done with the movie.
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
They're like, 13 aren't they? The fact that you're pointing out the nudity and boobage as a selling point is a little disturbing. And Negi is 10.... The whole setup is wacko.
Well, it's not your fault; it's Akamatsu's story, and he's the one that put that shit in there. But still....

It's just one of many reasons I didn't like Negima.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
At the start of the first manga most of them are 14 - Asuna's 15th birthday is in one of the early volumes, prior to the Kyoto trip.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Some of them are 15, some of them are 14 I need to find the chart of who the old's and youngest in the class because they have it in the character bio's in the first few volumes.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
They're like, 13 aren't they?

Actual age doesn't mean much. Mana, Chizuru, and Kaede look like they're almost 20. The twins and Eva look like they're 10. The rest of the girls fall somewhere in between.

Ninjapet, you wanted a list?
Asuna: April 21, 1988*
Nodoka: May 10, 1988
Yue: November 16, 1988
Haruna: August 18, 1988
Eva: Who knows?
Chachamaru: January 3, 2001
Misa: May 15, 1988
Ako: November 11, 1988
Sakurako: June 9, 1988
Madoka: March 3, 1989
Setsuna: January 17, 1989
Konoka: March 18, 1989
Ayaka: July 5, 1988
Chizuru: January 29, 1989
Natsumi: October 21, 1988
Chao: December 1, 1988**
Hakase: July 14, 1988
Satsuki: May 12, 1988
Makie: March 7, 1989
Yuna: June 1, 1988
Akira: March 26, 1989
Kaede: November 11, 1988
Fuuka&Fumika: December 6, 1988
Chisame: February 2, 1989
Misora: April 4, 1988
Sayo: ???????, 1925 (Died: ??????, 1940)
Kazumi: January 10, 1989
Mana: November 17, 1988
Fei: March 16, 1989
Zazie: March 17, 1989

The manga is set in 2003. I don't recall what month exactly it starts on.

*Asuna's birthday is changed in the anime for plot reasons. In the manga, spoiler[it's eventually revealed that Asuna is at least 10 years older than she appears to be.]
**In the manga, spoiler[it's eventually revealed that Chao is a time traveller from roughly 100 years in the future, so who knows what to make of her birth date.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2