• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metropolis, Steamboy Streaming on Crackle

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
Since Sony owns Crackle, maybe they would have the balls to have all of Cyborg 009 dubbed online (I saw just about all of the episodes dubbed and subbed when I could find).
gothiclass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Be advised that if you live outside of the US, you wont be able to watch anything. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Region locking again for our foreign neighbors? I am giving Sony the bird right now because it should be available to all countries that have capable Web connections.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy that Steamboy is up. I've been wanting to see it for awhile but my local library that I could have asked to get it because it was available at another library and they had a problem, the other library that it was at had it go missing so thank goodness I can see it legally somewhere.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
robin: The dubbed version of Steamboy's been cut by 20 mins, but it doesn't make a difference, anyway.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote
Theatrically, yes, the DVD version has the dub and is not cut however. As for which this stream offers, that much I don't know. And why wouldn't it matter? Those 20 minutes make quite a difference. Unfortunately just saying the equivalent of "I think it sucks" doesn't really add much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nargun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:01 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
robin: The dubbed version of Steamboy's been cut by 20 mins, but it doesn't make a difference, anyway.

Well, it makes it twenty minutes shorter; fixing the pacing problems should make it 40% less terrible a film, and twenty minutes should just about do that.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quote
Keonyn: I've seen both versions on the big screen. It doesn't make a difference.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, maybe not for you, but 20 minutes is quite a lot of time for a film, so it's pretty reasonable to assume that 20 minutes of extra footage and story would have a decent impact. I thought the shortened version was okay, but I love the full version (which, as I said, is available on the DVD).

I have to wonder though, why would you go see a movie you didn't like a second a time in the theater?
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn: I thought maybe I missed something, because a lot of people liked it, even though they hated the hell out of Spriggan, which is the better film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1