• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Section23 Films Announces February Slate [2012-11-14]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
It baffling to me that Letter Bee isn't getting an English dub it seems like a no-brainer really what were they thinking dubbing all these other subpar shows and not dubbing the one truly interesting anime that they picked up in recent months. I'm also curious to see if they will be dubbing Another I assumed it will be released by now more waiting I suppose.

Another was already confirmed for bluray and dub. It also is being released in the UK and Australia, which usually increases the chance of both (though it's not always a guarantee.) However, it's a Kadokowa title and there have been a lot of hold ups lately with their bluray releases in the US due to reverse importation fears. It's why things like Strike Witches and others had been delayed repeatedly or even had their blurays cancelled. They are probably just waiting for the go-ahead, so they don't have to release it like Guin Saga (an Aniplex title) with a DVD first and a bluray following later.

Cool, good to hear as I actually didn't have enough time to watch Another, so that'll be another excuse to check it out Smile

I agree though, I wish Letter Bee was getting dubbed.

Can't wait for Kami-sama Dolls on BD.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Listen to me Girls, I'm your father sounds...interesting... Should I watch this? Is it funny? Should I put it on my queue?
It entirely depends on your tolerance of the fanservice, which is especially bad in the first episode(I don't think the pool OVA has as much).
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Listen to me Girls, I'm your father sounds...interesting... Should I watch this? Is it funny? Should I put it on my queue?
It entirely depends on your tolerance of the fanservice, which is especially bad in the first episode(I don't think the pool OVA has as much).

Actually I think I have heard of that title but when I looked it up but it didn't ring a bell. The show I was thinking of (I forget the title) was two elementary school kids, a girl and boy who end up raising a baby girl that showed up out of nowhere. And I think there was a whole "time" angle that connected the two kids to the identity of the baby. That was definitely a shoujo show.

Polycell wrote:

I'm pretty good at tolerating fanservice. But it depends on how it's done and how frequently. If I can tolerate "panty-shot" 'Aika then anything else is a piece of cake. Well...and then there's Go Nagai , Gainax, and Kimura Takahiro. And then there's 'Ippatsu! Juden-chan'. I'll check it out today.
Ahiru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:

Can't wait for Kami-sama Dolls on BD.

Me either! Very Happy
stardf29

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

The first episode and the OVA are complete outliers as far as the fan service level of this show. Fanservice levels in the rest of the show are actually rather restrained.

The show is a great one, one of my favorites from this year. It's somewhat reminiscent of Usagi Drop/Bunny Drop in the trials of taking on guardianship, while also showing how the girls themselves are handling the situation. It does have its funny moments (mostly involving Raika), but overall it is just a nice, sweet show about family and persevering in tough times.

Because the first episode is so not-indicative of the series, I'd recommend that anyone wanting to preview this show (it's on Crunchyroll, Hulu, and TAN) give it at least 3 episodes.

Anyways, I have it pre-ordered already.

Quote:
The show I was thinking of (I forget the title) was two elementary school kids, a girl and boy who end up raising a baby girl that showed up out of nowhere. And I think there was a whole "time" angle that connected the two kids to the identity of the baby. That was definitely a shoujo show.

That would be Daa! Daa! Daa!, for the record. (Edit: Unless it's something else, but that's the title that came to mind reading your description.)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Yep, that was it. Da Da Da was the title.

I watched ep. 1, and so far it's seems pretty sweet and funny but there's trouble a foot, but c'mon...now I know what fanservice bugs me, it's the pre-pubescent kind. But wait, those kids aren't real kids. Shocked
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
you know, girls do not have to be naked for the content to be inappropriate.
papakiki is very close to being in the same boat as rokyubu

the good news is, the more DVDs they release the safer my wallet will be
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I watched ep. 1, and so far it's seems pretty sweet and funny but there's trouble a foot, but c'mon...now I know what fanservice bugs me, it's the pre-pubescent kind. But wait, those kids aren't real kids. Shocked
Well, at least they keep Hina restricted to adorability-fanservice. Apparently the manga lacked such... "dericacy".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2