• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which manga series would you really like to see as an anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
It's a little weird to me that Freezing! was given an animated adaptation before the previous work by the same author/artist pair, Unbalance X Unbalance. It's a korean story of UST between a teacher with daddy issues and her student with daddy issues. The main characters play off of each other really well, and the male lead--*gasp*--has a personality and actual flaws. Man, what I wouldn't give to see that show...

I'm also gonna toss vanfanel a high-five for suggesting Outlanders. I'm such a Johji Manabe junkie: his work is so pulpy, it makes me feel like I was born in the wrong era. You don't see a lot of sci-fi like his anymore.
FBK500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote
All Rounder MEguru. The Seinen brother to Hajime No Ippo. Quite possibly the best literary portrayal of MMA also.
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I could die happy if Teppu by some miracle became animated.

I'm just going to steal the description: Ishidou Natsuo is a gifted girl who can achieve anything she wants in sports. Because of this she is permanently bored, as there aren’t any real challenges to her abilites to make her feel alive. One day she receives an invitation of a merry girl to join her martial arts club. Irritated by her happy expression, Natsuo decides to accept the invitation just as a pretext to beat her up, but she receives a shocking surprise.

Basically it's highschool women's MMA that is not boring as hell. The fights are intense and the main character is a anti-hero that you want to route for. She is kind of ass that looks down on people but she's not such a bad person, you want to see how far she can go with her raw talent and now hard work/effort can take her in her goal to defeat her happy go lucky enemy. And she is willing to use others as a stepping stone if they get in her way.

As for Unbalance X Unbalance that would never be animated. The manga failed after 1 volume in the U.S. and it's a K-drama in manga form. It was even canceled in it's native South Korea, the Japanese who were also printing it took over as the sole country putting it out. It would look beautiful and that's the series that got me into his other works but it's too soap opera-e to ever make it.

Another thumbs up for All Rounder Meguru, I'm not a MMA fan but that and Teppu are the only sports manga I read. Shame sports in general tend to do bad when animated so they don't make a lot of them.
[/b]
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:

As for Unbalance X Unbalance that would never be animated. The manga failed after 1 volume in the U.S. and it's a K-drama in manga form. It was even canceled in it's native South Korea, the Japanese who were also printing it took over as the sole country putting it out. It would look beautiful and that's the series that got me into his other works but it's too soap opera-e to ever make it.
[/b]

That it was "soap-opera-y", I don't think would be a factor. Look at stuff like Marmalade Boy or His and Her Circumstances. That the manga did so badly, though... eesh, that right there is a death sentence. I didn't even know it did so badly in Korea.

Also, I can testify that UXU didn't die after just one volume. It (at least) made it to volume two. But, your point still stands, that franchise is dead in the water.

What a drag, I'd rather UXU over Freezing! any day.[/b]
mokporo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Among the manga I'm currently reading, I think Bloody Cross has the best potential for making a decent anime series that can generate interest among a semi-large audience. Too bad the manga series is probably not that well known amongst readers. Shoujo-wise, I think Hibi Chouchou, Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Rockin' Heaven would all make for good choices in that genre.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
I'm also gonna toss vanfanel a high-five for suggesting Outlanders.

I'm about three months late, but high-five received!
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
I could die happy if Teppu by some miracle became animated.

I'm just going to steal the description: Ishidou Natsuo is a gifted girl who can achieve anything she wants in sports. Because of this she is permanently bored, as there aren’t any real challenges to her abilites to make her feel alive. One day she receives an invitation of a merry girl to join her martial arts club. Irritated by her happy expression, Natsuo decides to accept the invitation just as a pretext to beat her up, but she receives a shocking surprise.

Basically it's highschool women's MMA that is not boring as hell. The fights are intense and the main character is a anti-hero that you want to route for. She is kind of ass that looks down on people but she's not such a bad person, you want to see how far she can go with her raw talent and now hard work/effort can take her in her goal to defeat her happy go lucky enemy. And she is willing to use others as a stepping stone if they get in her way.

Another thumbs up for All Rounder Meguru, I'm not a MMA fan but that and Teppu are the only sports manga I read. Shame sports in general tend to do bad when animated so they don't make a lot of them.
[/b]

Love teppu, will get around to reading all rounder meguru online sometime as i doubt any american publisher would pick it up
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I would quite like to see Doubt as an anime. I think the series would work better as an anime- for me horror series always do as i find it harder to build up atmosphere in my head. Also Limit would make an interesting anime, if so they could slow the pace a little and build more of a connection between the viewer and characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
stephen12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
I like Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri - Firstly, I like the way how the artists draw it, then its story itself. Since the main male character is well known his family, he don't want to use his family name for any purposes. He wants to use his own ability to achieve his goal, so that he enter in the Butler Class to test his own ability. Besides, at first, he don't want to be an exclusive butler for someone, but when Ryou came (female lead character), it changes him.. then the story goes on.. I really want to see it as an anime and put some twist besides from what I read.

Watashi ni xx Shinisai
- the female character is writing a novel on a phone.. There are lots of twist on the story and I like to watch it, and see more twists on the story. I like to watch it, to see all the expressions that I have read.

Last edited by stephen12 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anudevil13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 am Reply with quote
Tower of God
Psyren
The God of highschool
Noblesse
Breaker

and kekkaishi till series end *-*
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see an anime adaptation of Daily Live with a Monster Girl. It's basically a generic harem series with the twist of all the girls being, you guessed it, monster girls. It's standard ecchi harem stuff but the cast is fun and colorful and I'd love to see their lively personalities animated in an anime.

And I second (third?) wanting an anime adaptation of Yotsuba&! and Teppuu. Especially Teppuu. Seeing all that realistic MMA fighting animated would be fantastic to see.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Still living to see an anime version of Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden. A total of 50 episodes would do it amazing.

I want to see any other of Watase's series to get animated however I doubt it'll happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jezebelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I'd really like to see an anime adaptation of Black Bird. I think it would translate well from paper to the screen. Plus the manga is finished now so an anime could tell the complete story without having to make up an ending.
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see Hirunaka no Ryuusei. I can be really critical when it comes to shoujo and josei series, but I absolutely love this series. Great art, characters, and it doesn't bog itself down with any melodrama.
thebeats42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 am Reply with quote
Watashi ni xx Shinasai: I really like this series to become an anime. I seldom read romance stories but this just got me hooked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5