• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Standards for thread-locking

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm no authority on this, but I think the consensus made by the mods (at least Tony K., that I remember) was that it was okay to revive series discussion threads, provided that they were large enough threads to begin with, and that you have something worthy to contribute to the discussion. Also, in the instances I've seen where someone tried to necropost in an old thread with a bad post, instead of the thread being locked, the post simply got deleted and the thread pushed back to wherever it was when last posted.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty much how it works. Also, if there is a discussion thread for a series that you think should be on the index that isn't, feel free to let one of us know so it can be added. Just PM a mod when you see one on, or simply report the thread that should be indexed and write in the reason that you believe it should be in the index. There's no guarantee it will be indexed of course, as some threads are too specific in their content, or simply didn't have enough discussion to warrant it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2