• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigun: Badlands Rumble Film's Teaser Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
The Trigun Remix disks include both the English and Japanese audio tracks remixed into 5.1 surround sound audio. They were released as six individual volumes, as well as part of the two limited-edition steel-case thinpacks.
Magamish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quote
I had almost forgotten that this was in production. o.O Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with the manga's pacing/ending, but i have a greater appreciation for the TV series now. I'll still watch this when given the chance. =)
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote
Looks great. It's a bit tough to tell with that crappy stream that freezes every few seconds but I found the animation looked very high quality.
deathstryker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Here is an MU link to the trailer for those that don't like streaming.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M6LJAXP8
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Basically they re-mixed the sound and made it 5.1 surround sound for both the Japanese & English tracks IIRC. They did this for the Cowboy Bebop Re-mix as well.
Grico

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
rainbowrabbit wrote:
would you mind telling me what the Trigun Remix is? What's special about those DVDs? I bought the 8 DVD set back in high school, but I'm curious about this remix.

Remix also has the unique openings for each episode. The original US release had the same opening for each episode, but each episode had a unique opening based on what was actually going on which is restored in the remix version
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:
No one can play Vash except Johnny Bosch!

Except, you know, Masaya Onosaka. Seriously, I can't stand JBY in that role.

Haven't watched the Japanese, but I think JYB does a better job when he does Vash than when he does Ichigo.

Whereas I think he actually nails Ichigo, but didn't handle the switch between manic humor and seriousness in Vash that Onosaka is so skilled at. There are other voices in the dub that are way worse than JYB, and he's not a bad voice actor (I tend to blame bad choices in a dub on dub directors, not the actors), but I very much prefer the Japanese version of Vash.

Grico wrote:
Remix also has the unique openings for each episode. The original US release had the same opening for each episode, but each episode had a unique opening based on what was actually going on which is restored in the remix version

I was somewhat disappointed to discover how little variation there is between the "unique" openings. If you've seen the first release, watch to see where, in the credits, there's the giant form the first episode; they stick shots from each episode in that few seconds, but otherwise everything is precisely the same. Still, I do like the Remix version for the good audio and video, plus at 6 discs it was cheaper than 8.
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
rainbowrabbit wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:
I LOVE Trigun, I bought all 6 Trigun Remix volumes on Rightstuf for $10.00 each volume, but I do think the movie's animation looks really SWEET! If they get the English dub cast back I'll be even happier, No one can play Vash except Johnny Bosch!

mglittlerobin, would you mind telling me what the Trigun Remix is? What's special about those DVDs? I bought the 8 DVD set back in high school, but I'm curious about this remix.

Trigun Remix is the same as the Trigun 8 DVD singles. The only difference is that Trigun Remix was a re-release of the series with the opening animation for a specific episode, has English and Japanese 5.1 surround sound, and the original Japanese 2.0 mix. Also, instead of three episodes per disc, it has more, which is why there are 6 volumes instead of 8.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 am Reply with quote
]
vashfanatic wrote:
I have such mixed feelings about this! Trigun was one of my first series, I think maybe my third or fourth, and Vash was my first silly fangirl crush (hence the name), so obviously the thought of having a movie-quality version of Trigun makes me happy. And yet... the plot to this sounds just like a filler episode rather than really adding anything to the story. I mean, I'm highly likely to buy it should it be licensed because I'm a nut for this series, but at the same time, I dunno, it's sort of odd that they're making this 12 years later.
[quote="MetatronM"I'm still pretty convinced this is an attempt to resurrect the anime franchise in order to justify a Trigun Maximum anime series.

There's nowhere else to really go with the original anime, and if you're planning on adapting the manga more directly down the road, you wouldn't use its material for a movie either. So the only real option is to go with a new made-up story.[/quote]
penguintruth wrote:
Why does it need to add anything to the story? The Cowboy Bebop movie was essentially a filler story, too, but it was amazing.

Trigun is already finished. Think of this as a fun supplementary to the TV series.
I must concur. I don't see how you can fit the rest of the manga into just a movie. Never mind altering the prior anime to make it roll into the manga storyline This side story idea is the only way to make any sensible Trigun movie.
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this. It will be interesting. I was kinda hoping I'd see Legato and Knives again, but I guess they won't be in the movie. Still, this will be interesting. Unfortunately, I could not watch the teaser trailer. Mad I really want to see it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2