• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Leiji Matsumoto Animates Music Video for U.K.'s Queen

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
That...that's.. very awesome.
I just hope its nota Paul Rodgers version...
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote
So where can I see this music video??? ANN is such a tease!

Loved Interstella 5555, and I'll be picking up Singstar Queen for the holidays! Now if only Sony could make a Singstar Beatles and Singstar Michael Jackson, I'd have it all!

A Singstar Anime could be cool too... There are a lot of neat tracks from openings/closings/soundtracks that have english lyrics that are great if they want to go that route and release Japanese lyric videos as DLC.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Raise your hand if you saw this headline and at first thought, "Wait, Elizabeth II is getting an anime music video?" The band Queen getting a Leiji Matsumoto vid for Bohemian Rhapsody is awesome, but I think it will fail to live up to what I imagined in that brief moment.

Though I guessed before the article loaded, yes, that was my first impression. "U.K.'s Queen" would normally seem to indicate Elizabeth II.
Fallen Wings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

Or Captain Harlock's ship! Wow, was I impressed when I first saw that.

True. True. Though looking through the 1977 manga ... Harlock's ship ain't the impressive in its first form but alas. It still is pretty good.

But here is an image from "Arcadia of my Youth" manga. He can still draw planes pretty good too.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff294/BladelessSword/arc_048.jpg

And people can read a sort of summary of the original Arcadia of my Youth here: Click here

Wait ... let me see if I can pull up a comparison between the two Arcadias ...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff294/BladelessSword/comparenessships.jpg

Yes I'm incredibly lazy. But reminds me ... I think I need to fix up ANN about the original starting time of the Harlock Saga manga ... oh well. (If the original time of 2002 then how the hell did they manage to make a OVA based on a non-existent manga?) I think that they got it off from a reprint.

While the first one is his original design (as seen in the 42 episode tv show) the second one takes on the death shadow that you would more likely to see in "Arcadia of my Youth". Because Leiji is a jack ass and likes to screw with us with his concept of time ... *sigh*

With that being said *starry eyes* in a few weeks time I have Miraizer Ban coming from Japan ^^ First edition too. And if anyone wants to understand Leiji's idea of time, then this is the manga need to be read (Though I can get it illegally ... it ain't the same. I have most of my manga in RAW ... with little translations stuck over them.)

(*needs to collect the ultra rare Marine Snow, Arei no Kagami and Saint Elmo next*)

And once again ... I go way off topic ...
ljaesch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
Just a slight correction to your news story. This year is only the 18th anniversary of the death of Freddie Mercury, not the 28th. Freddie passed away on November 24, 1991.

2009-1991 = 18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quote
First thing that came to mind: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW_EigrG8VQ
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
Loved Interstella 5555, and I'll be picking up Singstar Queen for the holidays! Now if only Sony could make a Singstar Beatles and Singstar Michael Jackson, I'd have it all!

Singstar Michael Jackson is pretty much all but confirmed, since he was a Sony artist and the iron is hotter than ever.

Singstar Beatles... won't happen, but I believe the Rockband Beatles game has a karaoke-only mode.

I'd buy Singstar Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
"Leiji Matsumoto Animates Music Video for U.K.'s Queen, UK to never actauly see the damn thing"

Try, it, Matusumoto, prove me wrong!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
If there's one thing I hate more than another guy singing Queen songs, it's Queen songs remixed. Bleah.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote
(raises hand too)Got me with that one. Laughing
Freddy was born in Zanzibar, but raised in Feltham, Surrey, (south west London) when his family moved there in 1964. His mother is still alive and Feltham has just unveiled a memorial dedicated to Freddy.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Singstar Beatles... won't happen, but I believe the Rockband Beatles game has a karaoke-only mode.

It does?! Well that's good enough for me then! Though it'd be convenient to have it all under the same roof... with music videos/image slideshows in place of video and archived footage. Doesn't need to be the recent remastered stuff... Ah well, maybe I'll pick up Beatles Rock Band too just for the karoake mode. Don't need the guitars and stuff... no place in my home + too expensive...
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:41 am Reply with quote
BTW, if any of you are too young to know who the Queen is/was, they finally have their own Youtube channel where you can watch their videos, and maybe buy their CDs. [No, I won't explain "what's a CD?"! Wink ] Or, you could sit through the All Your Base and Mega Man-themed spoofs of the song...Personally, I dig the College Humour version, but it might not be safe for work.
Doggie Kruger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHzpQIZQ3M

the video is out, finally
EricJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:59 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Raise your hand if you saw this headline and at first thought, "Wait, Elizabeth II is getting an anime music video?" The band Queen getting a Leiji Matsumoto vid for Bohemian Rhapsody is awesome, but I think it will fail to live up to what I imagined in that brief moment.

When the Muppets did their version, reviving Bohemian officially became a cliche'. Sad

(I know Mercury's dead, but aren't there other Queen songs to feel pop-culture nostalgic about? It can't still be the "Wayne's World" thing again after all these years...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2