• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mappa's Toyota Ha:mo Concept Anime Short Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to see that this new anime studio is bolstering its bottom line by doing projects like this. The character animation in these "adfomercials" is pretty nice.

Toyota branching out. Nice concept here.

This little car-rental-transport-system is interesting. It's sort of like the citycarshare.org we have here in the Bay Area, but better. From what I can gather (since I don't speak much Japanese), these little cars are for lease or rental only. I was getting a little Minority Report vibe for a while there, though it seems like the cars are actually being driven, rather than a self driving car like what Google has been doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgQpa1pUUE

Is there some coincidence that Google is using a modified Toyota Prius? Wink

As a person who has to travel sometimes for business, the idea of renting a little car like this, one that could park itself, is very nice. If the cars were self-driving in addition to self parking, that would be utopia. The self-parking is really great. It would be awesome in San Francisco, where finding parking is always an ordeal. The car just drops you off for your dinner reservation and then drives off to park itself. Heaven.

Technology is fun.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
all japanese dream about returning to their hometown.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As a person who has to travel sometimes for business, the idea of renting a little car like this, one that could park itself, is very nice. If the cars were self-driving in addition to self parking, that would be utopia. The self-parking is really great. It would be awesome in San Francisco, where finding parking is always an ordeal. The car just drops you off for your dinner reservation and then drives off to park itself. Heaven.

Eurgh...I'm a car nut, so I hate the idea of self-driving cars. Give me a stick-shift and no electronic aids, that's utopia right there.

Cars today have too much technology already.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote
If a self-driving car causes an accident, who's fault is it? Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
Those tiny cars frighten me. There is no possible way of making them safe enough to drive in MURRICA. I don't care how strong an internal frame is when the whole thing is sent flying down the road tumbling into pieces.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1