• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Peach-Pit's Shugo Chara Manga to End in Japan Next Month

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if the collected volume contains a post-script type of chapter skipping a few years to show us everyone later in life. I can't see one last chapter in the magazine providing the kind of closure that fans are looking for.
saturnfireflie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Personally, i dont enjoy manga that goes on forever.
So I'm looking forward to the end.
As people say it will be good if they can successfully tie things up Anime hyper
Looking forward to completing the collection eventually Smile
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
It could be a sequal much to like other series in Nakayoshi like Kamichama Karin and Mamotte Lollipop. Just maybe take a break and start it up under a sequal title.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
I just went and caught up on the what's available, and I disagree with those that say it's just starting a new arc. To me, it's more seemed a drawn out epilogue, what with spoiler[Ran, Miki, and Su vanishing.] There may be some unresolved issues, foremost Nagehiko, but the two major conflicts of the series: the Easter Corporation and Amu's search for her identity, have been mostly settled. It's better for a series to end too soon and leave people wanting more than to drag on and wear thin. Artistically, anyway.
Gwiazdeczka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quote

"This says that in the 800th issue of Nakayoshi, another legendary manga will be born into history. Don't miss the climax of Shugo Chara! in Nakayoshi February 2010 (which is released in January)."
Translation by Character Bearer
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Gwiazdeczka wrote:

"This says that in the 800th issue of Nakayoshi, another legendary manga will be born into history. Don't miss the climax of Shugo Chara! in Nakayoshi February 2010 (which is released in January)."
Translation by Character Bearer

"Born into history" as the series ends? Obviously the Japanese have a different interpretation of time than we do....
My only question is that why, if the series is winding down, spoiler[is Amu searching for Ran, Miki, and Su? It would have made more sense for her to accept that she's growing up and remember the good times they had while trying her hardest to be herself on her own.]
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Gwiazdeczka wrote:
”This says that in the 800th issue of Nakayoshi, another legendary manga will be born into history.Don't miss the climax of Shugo Chara! in Nakayoshi February 2010 (which is released in January)."

The February 2010 issue of Nakayoshi will actually be released on December 28. The advertisement also doesn't say that another legendary manga will be "born," only that history will be rewritten again in the 800th issue. (The images provide the subtext that this is the same magazine where history was made with Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2