• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-12-02

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote
Poor Myoopi!
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the comic, but I have a minor quibble with it. The background color changing of the various text bubbles confused me. At first I thought all dialog by Luzio was in yellow, but then it seems to be coming from Nina in panels 8 & 9. Looking at it some more, I guess the more intense yellow indicates more intense emotion as the text bubble in panel 6 is slightly yellow.

I'm also confused as to whether I should laugh at the absurdity of whipping a hedgehog, cry at the tragic nature of whipping a hedgehog, laugh at the trueness of the comic, or cry at the trueness of the comic. But those confusions just mean you did a great job executing the comic this week Robin. Smile
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:16 am Reply with quote
This made me smile. I love the old WMT shows...especially the ones from the early 70's. No flashy tricks. No pandering to otaku tastes. Just pure story. "Anne of Green Gables" was a slow starter for me, but by the end it was totally worth it. And "3,000 Leagues In Search of Mother" is pure quality from start to finish. Both of those (and Heidi too, I think) were directed by Isao Takahata, way before he and some coworker of his teamed up and started Studio Ghibli.

By the way, has anyone seen any of the new WMT series ("Les Miserables", "Polfey's Journey", and "Before Green Gables")? If so, how is the quality?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4