• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Robert's Anime Corner Store ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Is there any way to save a copy of that picture?

You could also keep it as your ANN skin all the time. Just go to the "my ANN" tab and then the "skins" link.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
As to your second question, my answer is "I wish".

But is there anything really wrong with the ad? RACS is an important advertiser on ANN, and you can always see an ad for them at the bottom of the page. The commissioning of an advertising skin must bring in lots of money for the sit, so where's the problem. You can always change the skin if you don't like it.

Not to mention these sort of ads are always how RACS have done things. Their site has the same sort of advertising and images so it's not even a case of just doing it elsewhere. To me the ads I think push it a bit too much are the Anime Castle ones. The RACS ads are tame in comparison I think. Regardless though dtm is right, they're paying fees to advertise and ANN needs that to pay their paid staff so if anyone is expecting them to go anywhere don't hold your breath.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2