• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Revoltech Queen's Blade Nanael

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truered

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit I do actually own this figure...even if it is currently stored in the box and placed under my bed because my room Laughing I bought it because I found the character cute and is one of my favourite characters from the show. For the moderately low price I received one of the highest quality figures I currently own. A collection of extras, a highly detailed character, the Yoko revoltech I also ordered at the same time looked a bit "Meh" in comparison.

However the figure will remain in the none pervy mode...well as none pervy as Queen's blade can get Razz
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Dangevad wrote:
but in honour of every life wasted on a journalism course this is for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9FsO7urDXc

The scathing link you picked to drive home your insult is The Offspring? Way to render your post (hilariously) irrelevant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quote
Rednal wrote:
The figure itself is a 1/8 PVC by Griffon Enterprises for the character Flandre Scarlet of the popular Touhou series of doujin games. The 'standard' price is about $77 US, although I've noticed that the AmiAmi website has a discount, bringing it to something like $60.

For your convenience, here's a released image of it:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/Rednal/Sanctuary/fama2261259962830.jpg

That figure would go so well with my Remilia figure, I'm thinking of buying it even if I'm not really a Flan fan (so to speak). Shocked
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
It's kind of a pity. Clothed, it really is attractive, for a posable figure. But if I had one, everyone who read this article would be sure I was a pervert.

Ya know that is truly sad because it's mostly true. I've bought about 7-8 of the Queens Blade PVC figures myself and I have not seen one episode of the show. I bought them, and would buy this action figure, because from a figure collectors view they are mostly damn fine figures. The pVC figures are well done with detailed outfits and also more realistic female figures (mostly). From a purely figure point of view they are very well done and definitely worth the money. The sad fact comes that they are all from a show that if you're associated with it, or its merchandise, you're a pervert. And we're not talking the funny haha fun kind. We're talking the ewww wtfh did you do with that figure kind. Which to me is sad. What's also pretty sad is that a show like this gets such freaking detailed figures while other shows of FAR more depth get shit. I mean where are the detailed and super awesome PVC figures for say Aria or Claymore? They're few and far between but yet Queens Blade, and also Ikki Tousen before it, get very detailed and very well sculpted figures. Just not fair.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quote
If you really think it's that shameful to like or own such figures, then why collect them? There's nothing wrong with it; it doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't want people to see it, display it somewhere private or put it away when company comes over. Btw, I like your sexy avatar. Very Happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
If you really think it's that shameful to like or own such figures, then why collect them? There's nothing wrong with it; it doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't want people to see it, display it somewhere private or put it away when company comes over. Btw, I like your sexy avatar. Very Happy

Oh don't get me wrong I don't think it's shameful to own such figures (you should see my collection lol). I own many from ecchi shows like Rosario + Vampire, Ikki Tousen, To Heart, and even Queens Blade itself. What is shameful is the fact such shows get all the attention figure wise. They get the masses of figures and in the case of Queen's Blade GOOD figure to boot. Most are very good quality and well done. Not just crap. It's a shame that other shows don't get equal billing and attention shown. I buy my figures for the detail and "look" of the figure. The outfit, hair style, etc. being a show I like or have even seen is low on the list of factors for my figure buying. That being the case if I buy a figure I am more then happy to display and am not ashamed at all. However I would like to see other shows get shown a bit more attention. I'd just love to be able to buy and show some nice figures from other shows, like Claymore for example or Aria, that I think could have some awesome, well detailed figures made for. Thanks for the avatar compliment. Very Happy
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote
More figures get made for these shows because that's the market.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
More figures get made for these shows because that's the market.

You say that as if I, and others, don't already know it. It's been that way for years and years. However, that doesn't change the fact that that trend is sad, and that it would be nice if other shows and other genres got shown a fraction of the marketing these shows get. And yes I know full well that hope is an effort in futility and the chances of it happening are as high as me winning the Maryland Mega Millions lottery. Still nice to hope and believe in miracles every so often.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's sad, but Queen's Blade has a lot of characters each with wildly different designs that make for good figures. MegaHouse made a nice Clare figure, but do you really want all the others? They look the exact same. Hell, you'd only have to send out replacement heads and swords and then you could have the entire Slashers set. Aria does have a bit of merchandise, but it sells more for the art than it does for the figures. Anyway, the MegaHouse line for Queen's Blade was started well before the show, as it was done with Hobby Japan, so kind of making it the official figures.

Ikki Tousen has way too many figures, and most of them are either crap, or needlessly expensive.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Yeah, it's sad, but Queen's Blade has a lot of characters each with wildly different designs that make for good figures. MegaHouse made a nice Clare figure, but do you really want all the others? They look the exact same. Hell, you'd only have to send out replacement heads and swords and then you could have the entire Slashers set. Aria does have a bit of merchandise, but it sells more for the art than it does for the figures. Anyway, the MegaHouse line for Queen's Blade was started well before the show, as it was done with Hobby Japan, so kind of making it the official figures.

Ikki Tousen has way too many figures, and most of them are either crap, or needlessly expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I agree about the WB figures as I have several. It's a bit disconcerting that virtually all of them can be stripped down and made nude for no apparent reason but I do my best to ignore that fact and display them clothed. As for the Claymore figures...yea I would want all the others. Razz As for Ikki Tousen....I have a lot but I am selective because as you said there are too many of them. Though the recent ones have been pulling a QB and you can get them topless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4