• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Case Closed - The Last Wizard of the Century - Win It Before You Can Buy It

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheyCallMeKeeb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Will you also be listing the "technical" grand prize winner.. Even though the incomplete mailing disqualified him?
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quote
TheyCallMeKeeb wrote:
Will you also be listing the "technical" grand prize winner.. Even though the incomplete mailing disqualified him?

They never have before, they just say someone else was selected and rejected.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
In this case I got only the street & number. No city, state, zip.
If this happens a lot, I might start thinking that certain browsers cut off the second line of text, and they aren't failing so much. I might just have too much faith in people though...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
TheyCallMeKeeb wrote:

They aren't the technical winner afaic. They would have been the winner if... but they aren't, and that's it.

And no, I don't feel like rubbing anyone's face in the fact that they .... you know. So no, I won't be posting their identity.
TheyCallMeKeeb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quote
That's understandable, and he is the "technical" winner because his name was drawn first but its his fault he's disqualified. Wink How was the drawing made btw?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote
TheyCallMeKeeb wrote:
That's understandable, and he is the "technical" winner because his name was drawn first but its his fault he's disqualified. Wink How was the drawing made btw?

We disagree on the semantics, but then, that's all they are, semantics.

We have a random number generator built into the CMS that will pick winners for contests.
Chibi Buizel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Shoot, I didn't win.

Well, congrats to the winners!
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
<sigh>

When I first entered, I also didn't know where my city, state, and zip went. I tossed it in the main box and hoped for the best.

Maybe an example or two of what to put in the box or maybe include some text in the box on what to expect? It may help. No guarantees, of course.

One other option, and may require Dan's input... allow an address option under our profiles and then link on username. This way, a single button is all it takes to enter and the address is already stored (which also reduces typos).

Don't mean to tread on any toes here. Just trying to help.
Smile
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Really happy to see I won (Runner Up prize, but still better than nothing)

I have to say I was paranoid when entering, fearing I might've forgotten an important detail in my address that would disqualify me. I even put United States at the end of my address for good measure.

Somehow, as a frequenter of Youtube, it really doesn't surprise me that people seem to ignore simple directions. There might be a lot of kids under the age of 15 who are entering as well, and might not be used to giving out their full address.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:
Really happy to see I won (Runner Up prize, but still better than nothing)

I have to say I was paranoid when entering, fearing I might've forgotten an important detail in my address that would disqualify me. I even put United States at the end of my address for good measure.

lol maybe I should put United States for now on too. Congratz to all the winners, I am more hoping I win the Spice and Wolf one. I have been looking forward to that anime for a while, plus coins are always cool lol.
matthewlow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
"Case Closed" would be a better dub if they didn't try to make a show that obviously takes place in Japan take place in the United States. It's a little off-putting.

Then again, even in the Japanese version, there tends to be a fascinating number of European-style castles in Japan.

I wonder how they'll handle the movie wherein Mt. Fuji plays a prominent role.

If you watch movie 3 and 4, you'll know the series obviously takes place in Japan. They keep all the locations like Osaka Tower and Tokyo and so forth in these movies. (RightStuf shipped me my copies last week.)

Seasons 1-5 were dubbed a long time ago when Funimation wasn't as experienced. I would assume that time has changed this (and considering it isn't on adult swim anymore), so there's no reason for these changes.

Many of the names are still changed, but some aren't, which is nice too.

But seriously, if you're a fan, wouldn't you already have the series anyway?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3