• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spice and Wolf - Win it Before you can Buy it

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taiyz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I've been wondering; you guys keep complaining about the complete address thing...

I'm pretty sure I'm submitting the right information, but there's always that little bit of doubt considering how much you guys complain, making me paranoid (especially since we get no feedback, a person could be pointlessly entering contests on this site for years before figuring out a piece of information he hasn't been writing.)

So, what constitutes as a complete address for you guys? Wouldn't it be useful actually including this on the page itself; you could even make this an organic process, maybe turning the address field into multiple submission boxes for each individual piece of information?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
keikanna44 wrote:
Even if two different people from the same household enter? I know my brother and sister also entered because they wanted to win. So we are automatically disqualified? That doesn't seem fair. I could understand one per household but if it's random everyone should be allowed to enter. Shocked

It doesn't seem fair at first, but there are people out there who are more than willing to enter every single member of their family for a bigger chance of winning. How's THAT fair?

Oh, and congrats to those of you who won. You just got an awesome show for yourselves.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Now that I have seen a few episodes, I can see how coins are appropriate tie-in trinkets for the series.
Official FUNi Rep
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys! If you didn't get a chance to grab those Spice and Wolf coins, we donated some to Paranormal Source to raise money for their non-profit organization. Check them out at the links below.

http://myworld.ebay.com/paranormalsource/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220528467692

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220528469495

Mega bundle:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPICE-AND-WOLF-BUNDLE-DVD-Posters-Postcard-Coin_W0QQitemZ280438773920QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414b7418a0
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
So, what constitutes as a complete address for you guys?

Complete Address:
## Street Apt
City, State/prov Zip/PC

ex:
44 Oak Street #22
Midletown, ST 12345

or:
44 Ch. Chêne #22
Centreville, QC H0H0H0

Quote:
Wouldn't it be useful actually including this on the page itself; you could even make this an organic process, maybe turning the address field into multiple submission boxes for each individual piece of information?

I'm not wasting time on the lowest common denominator.

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
keikanna44 wrote:
Even if two different people from the same household enter? I know my brother and sister also entered because they wanted to win. So we are automatically disqualified? That doesn't seem fair. I could understand one per household but if it's random everyone should be allowed to enter. Shocked

If your brother & sister entered with the same address you were all disqualified. It sucks, and I'm sorry, but we have no reasonable way of knowing if your brother & sister actually exist. What's to stop one person, who lives alone, of entering 18 names for one address ?

The only practical way for us to limit the entries to one per person was to limit them to one per computer/ip/mailing address.

The only alternative choice would be to allows people to enter as often as they want. Not happening.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote
But there are two logical possibilities here. One, if more than one entry occurs from a household you disqualify all of them. Two, if more than one entry occurs from a household you disqualify all after the first. It sounds like you are implementing the first of these two. I think people would be happier with the second, if it were possible. I won't argue (any further) on this subject, though.

(although I suppose there is an argument for disqualifying all but the last, so that people can correct mistakes.)
Karisu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
l33tmeatwad wrote:
Karisu wrote:
Yeah, is there another way to get ahold of one of those coins? Would be willing to buy one!

Found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPICE-AND-WOLF-BUNDLE-DVD-Posters-Postcard-Coin_W0QQitemZ280438773920QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414b7418a0

Was the only listing, so if you want it better hop on it.

Wow, thanks for finding that! Just bought it Smile
Posters are a nice bonus!
keikanna44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
keikanna44 wrote:

If your brother & sister entered with the same address you were all disqualified. It sucks, and I'm sorry, but we have no reasonable way of knowing if your brother & sister actually exist. What's to stop one person, who lives alone, of entering 18 names for one address ?

The only practical way for us to limit the entries to one per person was to limit them to one per computer/ip/mailing address.

The only alternative choice would be to allows people to enter as often as they want. Not happening.

I get it now. It sucks we were disqualified but I'll know the next time. lol Very Happy
Raikuro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:

Complete Address:
## Street Apt
City, State/prov Zip/PC

ex:
44 Oak Street #22
Midletown, ST 12345

or:
44 Ch. Chêne #22
Centreville, QC H0H0H0

PO Boxes are cool too, right? I'm only asking because some places refuse to ship to them...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
PO Boxes are cool too, right? I'm only asking because some places refuse to ship to them...

Yes, PO boxes are fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4