• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: My Little Pony Invades Animate! Miami on January 18-20, 2013

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Mr Turnip AND Madame LeFlour? I am SO there!

Joking aside, good guests to round them all out. Monica Rial, Brittney Karbowski, Maggie Flecknoe. It's like they wrangled up some of my favorite voice actresses and put them all in one place. Now if only Tabitha St. Germaine were there, I'd buy the next ticket to Miami.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
How sad is it when My Little Pony is you're most notable voice acting accomplishment /facepalm
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I know Tabitha most as Shana from Shakugan no Shana and Roberta from Black Lagoon. But, yeah, she will probably never live past this show.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
How sad is it when My Little Pony is you're most notable voice acting accomplishment /facepalm

Lawl, another MLP hater. If you actually watched the show, you'd see that it's pretty good.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Not that I dislike bronies or anything, but here's a chance to meet actors that don't go to a lot of cons, and it's disappointing that most of the question for them are going to be about My Little Pony.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:

what are you smoking, bro?
why would you not want half a million junior high school girls chasing you and touching you trying to get a pic on their cell phones
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
AmpersandsUnited wrote:

why would you not want half a million junior high school girls chasing you and touching you trying to get a pic on their cell phones

Except the fans of FIM are pathetic high school kids and forty year old neckbeards who think "Ponies are sexy Libertarians like us and oh why won't society recognize our brilliance?! RAINBOW DASH IS RON PAUL! CLOPPING NOW!"

And all male. All. Male.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
This pleases me. I don't ever go to cons mind you, but still. Soon all your conventions, governments & fan-bases shall be run by ponies Anime hyper.

Also @PenquinTruth, so essentially Bronies are just like Anime fans, Gamers, and pretty much every other quote unquote "nerdy" fan base out there Laughing
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

Because I don't relish the idea of having to spend large amounts of time engaging in nice long chats with the friendly detectives of the Sexual Crimes Division?
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Lawl, another MLP hater. If you actually watched the show, you'd see that it's pretty good.

potatochobit wrote:
AmpersandsUnited wrote:

Oh my god seriously? This is why people don't like bronies. You assume anyone who doesn't like the show never watched it, and you see no problem with boldly bragging about touching underage junior high girls is okay. I feel so bad for these VAs, like that one 12 year old one who got creeped on by bronies at some con or something. I just hope none of them act on those statements.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

potatochobit wrote:
AmpersandsUnited wrote:

Oh my god seriously? This is why people don't like bronies. You assume anyone who doesn't like the show never watched it, and you see no problem with boldly bragging about touching underage junior high girls is okay. I feel so bad for these VAs, like that one 12 year old one who got creeped on by bronies at some con or something. I just hope none of them act on those statements.

I would think potato was joking, otherwise yeah thats creepy.

Although you know according to john & jane doe anime fans are all pedophiles as well *lolicon, moe & what not*, so yeah the whole anime fans creeping out on bronies is kind of ironic. Laughing

Honestly though, I have no problem with people disliking the show, I just hate it when fan bases fight amoungst one another, its just not kohser.

I mean according to some be it anime, bronies, gaming, sci-fi etc were all sexually deviant losers. Laughing

But seriously, no need for such hate, its understandable mind you * I despise a lot of modern fan bases at times as well despite my best attempts not to*

But yeah. chillax brah.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I just love how you judge an ENTIRE fanbase off of a few people. Guess I should judge all anime fans as pedos, huh? I bet you'll get REAL asshurt if I do that, but it's totally okay when you do it, eh? Don't throw stones in a glass house and all that jazz.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
whether you like MLP or not, you have respect the effort they put into the stereotypical characters and dedication to bringing out the character personalities.

of course, then we get into the issue of humanization, and that's where the real fun starts.

I've seen one or two episodes like I've seen a few pokemon shows so i don't really watch the series, but i do talk about MLP numerous times a day, w... or at least talk about people who do watch the series numerous times a day.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
whether you like MLP or not, you have respect the effort they put into the stereotypical characters and dedication to bringing out the character personalities.

I'm not sure most people would use the word 'stereotypical' as a praise.

Quote:
of course, then we get into the issue of humanization, and that's where the real fun starts.

That image looks suspiciously familiar. I can't say I find traces very creative, nor the idea around 'humanization'. I mean, why obsess over 'humanization' of this stuff when there's actual shows that feature not-Flash animated humans if you're into that stuff? If MLP no longer has ponies, then what does it have? It seems like the fandom revolves entirely around 'What MLP isn't' rather than 'What MLP is'. Though I guess since it's aimed at 6 year old girls, I might be expecting too much substance out of it. Personally I'd rather be into a show for it's actual merits, not what I can play pretend with it in my imagination. It should be the show's job to give us actual plots, characters, and decent art, not the fandom's.

Last edited by TitanXL on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote
Its American Precure.

Why that requires them to be ponies is beyond me, but whatever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2