• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - A Ghost of a Chance

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quote
For those interested in the Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (seriously awesome title), the first two volumes of it have been released digitally by JManga. Really hope this series gets an anime adaption some day, it deserves it.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 am Reply with quote
Hoshi no Samidare is one of the most memorable manga I've read in a good while, well worth checking out. Hopefully someday available in a pulped dead tree format.

Odd though that the review doesn't at all mention the primary conflict of the series, Anima and her twelve beast knights versus Animus and his golems (not a spoiler since this is basic info right at the beginning).
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
07-Ghost: I'd almost forgotten I read the first three volumes years back when Go! Comi was doing the licensing.

Quote:
"Asamiya Yuuhi was an ordinary college student ... until the day a lizard showed up and asked him to help save the world.

Dude, I would totally forget college if a lizard asked me to save the world. XD
Kohii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
Hoshi no Samidare does deserve an anime adaptation. Hopefully soon. Heck, considering all the junk they animate these days. Maybe if it had an unnecessary long title, like "The Lucifer who could fight awesomely and the biscuit hammer that fell from the sky or maybe not", and boom! An anime adaptation.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
07-Ghost: I'd almost forgotten I read the first three volumes years back when Go! Comi was doing the licensing.

Quote:
"Asamiya Yuuhi was an ordinary college student ... until the day a lizard showed up and asked him to help save the world.

Dude, I would totally forget college if a lizard asked me to save the world. Anime hyper

The way I remember it was that the two stared at each other until the lizard spoke first.

Hoshi no Samidare: epic sci-fi fantasy comedy slice of life thingy that's more than the sum of its admittedly great parts; Halfway through the series I wondered if spoiler[it had a metafictional bent] and even after finishing, I still wonder. Reading the review for the first volume, it would seem that either I'm not the only one or ...

Quote:

where random ideas keep being tossed about (Magic hammer? Evil golems? Samidare's dark intentions?) until it can settle on something.

... You're leading the reader, you know, with those question marks.

And it's not a cosmic hammer, I'm pretty sure it's a cookie hammer. Of the apocalpyse, yes...
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Just when readers thought The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan was going to be all about Kyon and Yuki, things actually got all the more intriguing when Haruhi takes over and even offers a somewhat eye-openingly cryptic connection with the original story. Who knows if that'll go anywhere, but for all these elements I'm definitely hooked.
Kohii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Just when readers thought The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan was going to be all about Kyon and Yuki, things actually got all the more intriguing when Haruhi takes over and even offers a somewhat eye-openingly cryptic connection with the original story. Who knows if that'll go anywhere, but for all these elements I'm definitely hooked.

Even whenspoiler[ she's powerless], she spoils all the good times.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
I saw L&TBH and got excited for a moment thinking that someone had released it.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:

If I wanted the wacky adventures of the SOS Brigade, I'd reread the main series. The lure of Yuki-chan was that it'd give us the Yuki/Kyon relationship that's never going to happen in the canonical timeline. But Haruhi has to show up and ruin everything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1