• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Confirms Strike Witches Cast, FMA Street Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:46 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:
I see Dragonball Kai being an announcement.

If they do, I hope they give the fans a dub worth listening to.

DBZ already has a dub worth listening to.
daedelus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:06 am Reply with quote
It's great to see Kira Vincent-Davis on any cast list. Bonus for being in Strike Witches! I had thought that she had hung up her voice acting spurs and moved on to other things.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Stephanie Sheh's name as well. Then again, with Funi having the lion's share and Bandai doing more and more sub-only releases, it wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing more of the California A-listers coming to Texas. In fact, I wish Funi would contract the VA's who worked with New Generation. They are one of my favorite dubbing studios and it would give Funi the opportunity to get Higurashi Kai and have the same cast.

It's nice to dream...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:05 am Reply with quote
I don't have any plans for watching this, but...HELL YEA for Kira-Vincent Davis. I love that woman. Another slightly quieter, but still loud, Hell Yea for Stephanie Sheh. I was wondering how long it would take for California VA's to head over to Texas for some work. I hope some more pop up in Funi shows to spice of the acting pool.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:28 am Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
I see Dragonball Kai being an announcement.

I don't, I think we're at least a year from that announcement, maybe even more. They've only just released the first of the Dragon Boxes and they're going to want to milk those for all they're worth. Any indication that they've got another version of DBZ in the pipeline could damage the sales of Dragon Box beyond repair.

JackCox wrote:
Anyone else excited for the blood/gore/flesh fest that is Mnemosyne?

I am, but not because of Mnemosyne specifically, but because I think it opens the door for other similar titles. Personally I'm very hopefully that they'll pick up Kara no Kyoukai now that all of the movies have been released in Japan. Be nice if they picked up Canaan too that way they can finish the Type-Moon trifecta with Fate.

Would also be nice if they'd pick up some sequel titles like Shana and Hell Girl, as well as the remaining Hellsing OAVs, they're really leaving us hanging on these.

And I can't imagine what's preventing Toradora from being licensed. The show was amazing, I refuse to believe it hasn't caught the attention of any distributors.

Does FUNi have the rights to all of Tenchi or just the most recent stuff? Be nice if they could get some new cheap reissues out of the older OAVs as well as license Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:29 am Reply with quote
"they fly through the air with the greatest of tease" ^^;

I think it is somewhat amusing that the trailer is based almost solely on the fact that they don't wear pants while the series itself plays it down to the point that it isn't even mentioned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quote
Last year when they did their New show a gogo thingy, I was really only excited about 1 show that still has yet to be released: Soul Eater.

There are a few shows though that I hope they nabbed / agree'd to distribute / license rescued / whatever.

- Hellsing Ultimate
- Spice and Wolf 2 -Doubt it though considering the new one just released and they'll probably wait to see sales
- Zero No Tsukaima - Though I'm not sure how well the first season did
- Shakugan No Shana - Omg shana is hot etc etc.

I just am not looking forward to the obnoxious subtile font / size / color. I like the way Sentai does / geneon did them. /Shrug.
Jih2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote
Not looking forward to any licensing announcements because that means I get to wait a year or more for any real release as Funi desperately attempt to take fansubs down. I'd be much happier if it didn't take so very, very long between license announcement and physical release or even digital release.
bayoab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Quote:
(ADR Director of Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone/Evangelion Shin Gekijōban: Jo...

Uh, did I miss an announcement somewhere? Shocked

Coming out in March or something. Was announced way back when they announced Eva 1.0 and 1.01.

Big Hed wrote:
joystick1101 wrote:
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
Damn still no Phantom?

they're just now bringing up shikabane hime, may hav to wait awhile before we hear any news on phantom.

Yeah I'm glad to finally hear about Shikabane Hime again; as for Phantom, I'll bet you it's coming up in the licensing spree.

But while Phantom was alright, I'm going to keep stupidly hoping for Bounen no Xamdou is among the announcements.

Sony has the full rights to Bounen no Xamdou. Phantom's DVD release was only officially semi-announced at Otakon this year.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote
I had a dream that spoiler[My HiME sequel gets licensed by Funimation and get the rights to Otome series and first HiME. That would be awesome, but a man can dream and it may come to life. ]
EvilTaxi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote
Still crossing my fingers for Sailor Moon.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
Rather than licensing more stuff I'd rather this unveal over the Christmas period be release dates or news on stuff they've already licensed and said nothing about.
I'm greatful for all the stuff they bring over to us, but let's be honest, they release TOO much stuff and these days anime fans have less money to spend than ever before, so it's only going to hurt them in the long run. I'd hate to see a similiar case to ADV where they get carried away at the peak of their success and end up digging themselves a grave...
Doom and gloom aside, can't wait for the FMA: Brotherhood BD releases. Here's hoping for a DTB BD set and perhaps a Soul Eater one in the future. I say this because I'm not going to bother with their DVD's anymore since it's odds on they'll release a BD set for most of their stuff somewhere down the line.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I am, but not because of Mnemosyne specifically, but because I think it opens the door for other similar titles. Personally I'm very hopefully that they'll pick up Kara no Kyoukai now that all of the movies have been released in Japan. Be nice if they picked up Canaan too that way they can finish the Type-Moon trifecta with Fate.

Not saying that KnK is unlikely, but you think Mnemosyne makes a difference either way? Aside from the violent element, they are very different shows, don't you think? They couldn't well be marketed similarly, I reckon...

Though I agree, picking up Canaan and Kara no Kyoukai would complete the trifecta.

bayoab wrote:
Coming out in March or something. Was announced way back when they announced Eva 1.0 and 1.01.

Oh, thanks.

Quote:
Sony has the full rights to Bounen no Xamdou.

Like I said, stupidly hoping. Razz
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm still hoping for the Negima! OVDs at this point, at least the movie?

I will be happy if they just release a full boxset for Negima!? I own the half season boxsets but I want a full set for new art work and extras.

I can dream can't I?

At least I hope Funimation picks up the rest of Higurashi maybe Umineko.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation's official Twitter account also confirmed during the panel that the first part of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime will be available in May 2010.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Sakaki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I heard 'Stupidly hoping' for something....Can I join in?

PUHLEEZ GINTAMA PUHLEEEEEZZE.

I want to be able to watch legal DVDS Dammit. Anime hyper.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6