• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fighting Fairly

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meygaera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:29 am Reply with quote
AeroPorter looks like a videogame that was designed for and by computer scientists.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quote
What is Kiss?

(Where's ma money!)

Meygaera wrote:
AeroPorter looks like a videogame that was designed for and by computer scientists.

Seem to recall playing an old SNES airplane business simulation game............ Maybe it was Aerobiz. I remember kicking ma bros butt in it though! (Yes, it had multiplayer.) Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh gawd, I remember 'Chulip'. I was wondering if that title was ever going to make it stateside. Definitely had a title that would be lost in translation. As mentioned 'Chulip' was a simulation game. The whole point of the game was that you the character were out to get that special ("chu") kiss from the one who's heart you gained. But you had a lot of stuff that you had to do to make your life worthwhile. So you had to build up your character doing odd jobs and stuff trying to "net" the girl of your dreams. I never would have even expected that game over because of the import barrier. That's a pretty old title and I remember it from some online review or in a magazine.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
A fai-ry fairy article today I see (haha, I'm turning into Razzly from Chrono Cross).

Chulip: When I read RPGFan's review, I wondered for a while why this had actually come here. It's nice that we got one of the more obscure games out there, but considering the game itself has a lot of Japanese context that would pass over the heads of many (that's not an insult to anyone either, there are puns and dialogue that literally make zero sense to non-Japanese gamers), it's kind of mind-boggling.

Eryi's Action: It reminds me of that stupid Syobon Mario thing, except with a cute fairy. At least she isn't dying gruesomely, nope, not when you've got an eight year old boy to do that. Seeing a fairy turn into sparkly pulp wouldn't be right. X3

Fairy Bloom Freesia: A martial arts using fairy in a 2-D adventure? Why not? :D

Elminage Original: I can't wait for this to come out.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Other than just good news on JJBA-ASB, everything else is passable, and yet todd seems to always forget 1 or 2 things...

Persona 4 Golden is out and not mentioned in this weeks X-Button... Rolling Eyes
mckg1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
PERSONA 4 G is out this week, BETTER UPDATE THIS THING Wink
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
I remember chulips, I think it was one of the few games that was a gamestop exclusive, ie no other brick and mortar carried it. That being said it was fairly easy to get back in the day, but I think due to its obscurity its a little less common now.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I want that JoJo's game so bad! It couldn't come quikcly enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1