• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: VizAnime.com Portal Launched with Buso Renkin Streams

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
nadir-seen-fire wrote:
*sigh* I see the list and get on edge thinking I'll finally be able to watch Bleach through a legal source just like I'm watching Naruto. Then I find out that Viz's portal won't even work for me (Canada). And find out here not only that, but it's out of date completely.

At this point FUNimation's buggy ad based video portal with no membership option to get rid of the ads is better than Viz's.

If Viz's streams actually work on a regular basis, it'll be much better than Funimation. There are tons of times where Funi's content dies on me mid-stream or stream perfectly for 90% of a show then craps out on the last second and won't playback if I reload the page (watching the ad again btw) and fast forward. There are more times that I can't watch an entire episode on Funi than times where I can.

I wish they didn't put a super delay on the Hulu updates because Hulu streams perfectly for me 99.9% of the time I try it. Even when there is an issue, I can't think of a single time where a reload+fast-forward didn't solve it.

Conan-san wrote:
Ranemoraken wrote:
Yeah, that's totally cool Sickvisionz. I hadn't even thought about that. I wonder if it's finally curbing the fan sub market? I still believe that fan subbing is a necessary element - because a lot of shows don't have marketability, but it is realy cool the difference between this year and last year.
Fansubbing is an necessary element untill the japanese get their thumbs out and provide the content to us Tea Sipping Philistines.

I don't want that to be the case, but unfortunately, the "Don't watch [show] idea doesn't do wonders for me ether!"

I've got to say that I totally disagree with that... for Americans. Not only are the bulk of shows that I want to watch available legally in the US (often for free), but when you browse a torrent site the bulk of the new content from the current season is stuff that:

- is available for free streaming
- is available for subscription based streaming
- has been on DVD in the US for years
- has actually been ripped from streaming sites
- is ripped from Blu-Ray or DVD (which serves no purpose other than preventing sales imo)

Unless the purpose is to make it so that no American ever has to financially support the anime industry, the majority of fansubs have no purpose in the year 2009. Maybe back in the 90s it was a critical tool, but things have changed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2