• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Microsoft's Bing Search Engine Enlists Japanese Voices

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedestrian A

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Our dreams are coming true.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
First shoving X-Box to the Japanese thru exclusives, an official OS Tan for Windows 7 and now this, good luck Billy Gates. Rolling Eyes

In my days a search engine just shoved down our throats anything they could find with the terms of the search alongside the scorn machines have for flesh creatures,,. no matter what little relevance it had with our actual search... and we liked it!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
omoikane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
First shoving X-Box to the Japanese thru exclusives, an official OS Tan for Windows 7 and now this, good luck Billy Gates. Rolling Eyes

In my days a search engine just shoved down our throats anything they could find with the terms of the search alongside the scorn machines have for flesh creatures,,. no matter what little relevance it had with our actual search... and we liked it!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

In your days, Bill Gates was still the top honcho too I guess. Welcome to the Ballmer days!

I think MS Japan is just on a roll though. It isn't like comparatively these are expensive marketing campaigns.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:22 am Reply with quote
Here's a cute anime girl and a virus...

Unix = not so cute, but no viruses, either.

--I don't think that any of the Japanese Mac users are going to switch due to this ad...
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:58 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
--I don't think that any of the Japanese Mac users are going to switch due to this ad...

3% of the world uses mac. 80-90% of which are based in the US. 10% of the world uses some form of Linux....that's saying something. Mac users should get with the program! Very Happy
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:38 am Reply with quote
Oh, no we don't. We are NOT going to turn this into Yet Another Platform War thread.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

Why switch when you can dual-boot or use virtualization to run Windows on Intel Macs?
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:27 am Reply with quote
Now if only they would make a campaign here and give us Bruce Willis sounds - maybe I would start using BING.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1