• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Confirms Simulcast of Durarara!! TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
Dante80 wrote:
And, you can always pay a small subscription fee to watch it simulcasted in HQ.

I guess my worry with the subscription fee is that should this series get licensed, I'll have paid $20 in addition to whatever the DVDs cost. I'm on the two-week trial right now, but whether or not I continue will probably depend on whether I find a few more series to make that $20 seem less expensive.

Meanwhile, though, as with Aoi Hana, I won't have a huge problem waiting a week if I have to. It'll make talking on the forums a little annoying since a huge chunk of people will be a week ahead of me, but so it goes.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
a week? you'd think someone would have realized by now that this system isn't working.

When it comes to getting a Simulcast streaming license for the public to watch for free, it can't always be perfect.

A week is a small price to pay, in reality. It's much better than having to watch illegal fansubs. I think it's great that Crunchy Roll is spending money to get licenses to give us a way to watch these shows in a legal way.
Dante80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I guess my worry with the subscription fee is that should this series get licensed, I'll have paid $20 in addition to whatever the DVDs cost. I'm on the two-week trial right now, but whether or not I continue will probably depend on whether I find a few more series to make that $20 seem less expensive.

From what I understand you are paying sth like 7$/month for their whole library for your region (ongoing + finished series).
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Dante80 wrote:
Quote:

From what I understand you are paying sth like 7$/month for their whole library for your region (ongoing + finished series).

And like I said, I'm going to see if there are a few more I want to watch, or feel I'd like to see in HD, or can't rent on DVD in the US. The library at Crunchyroll is a little slim pickings in that regard. They have the old Toei programs I've been watching, but those aren't simulcast or in HD, so a subscription isn't particularly necessary for them. So it'll depend. I'm going to give it the two weeks and see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2