• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: OreShura Romantic Comedy TV Anime's Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
hmm... A-1 and Aniplex -> Aniplex US?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

I'm not sure if this'll be an appealing enough title to American audiences for them to do that. I expect it'll be one of the biggest hits of the season in Japan but that doesn't always translate to American interest.
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
configspace wrote:

I'm not sure if this'll be an appealing enough title to American audiences for them to do that. I expect it'll be one of the biggest hits of the season in Japan but that doesn't always translate to American interest.

Because Japanese otaku are gullible and lap this diarrhea up as if it were champagne.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
configspace wrote:

Because Japanese otaku are gullible and lap this diarrhea up as if it were champagne.

"I only watch mature anime for mature people, such as myself" is no longer just a hyperbolic expression. I'd rather see otaku buying this over some things they've made popular in the past. Either way, regardless of how good it gets, sales over 10k are highly unlikely unless Shinbo and ridiculous amounts of dialog are involved.

You realize anime's never been a sacred medium, right? How easy is it to forget the truly awful shit from the 90s, the stuff that gives you migraines within minutes because "fast paced and annoying" were the in vogue writing styles of the time? I say the quality of anime, as a whole, has gone up.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

I expect it'll be one of the biggest hits of the season in Japan.

I'm curious. What makes you say that this'll be one of the biggest hits?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I expect it'll be one of the biggest hits of the season in Japan.

I'm curious. What makes you say that this'll be one of the biggest hits?

Its based on a very popular LN (already has several different manga spin offs), and A-1 generally only takes on the big properties when it comes to LN/manga adaptions. Only shows since the beginning of 2011 that didn't sell at least 4.5k (Tsuritama) copies were Space Brothers (it aired in a daytime slot so it never was expected to sell) and Shin Sekai Yuri (that kind of anime would never of sold in the first place). All of their otaku aimed stuff sell great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1