• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dog Days Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukochi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
sukochi wrote:
not sure if 3rd season will be 2013 though.....maybe 2014??

At the end of the 2nd season, Shinku said he would come back in the Fall... and after the 1st season, he said he would come back in Summer and thats when S2 aired. So I'm gonna assume that S3 will be Fall 2013.

I hope so too....but in all honesty the second season was actually planned to air originally in April, not July....
So, have to wait and see i guess.....
just from talking yesterday, i got the feeling next year seemed a bit doubtful....
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Its also an irrlevant point to make regarding the connection to the other shows. He is not trying to make a zero sum gain argument. He is merely pointing out that dog days lacks a lot of substance, and better shows exist that are more deserving of sequels.

Except its still irrelevant because even if Dog Days wasn't getting a third season, the chances of those shows getting new anime remains precisely the same.

Now, if he'd complained about the lack of more Sekirei or Nanoha anime, well, at least he'd have been somewhere in the same general ballpark of being almost a reasonable complaint.

Quote:
<-- I will just as you to look to your left, you see that Certain Magical Index advertisement, just one of many shows that needs a sequel a lot more than Dog Days.

Pffffft

Even granting that Index is actually worth anything (hint: it isn't), Railgun season 2 is already announced, and an Index movie is coming out in a few months, so using it as an example is spectacularly silly.
kanechin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
I'm now the guy who complains about his desired shows getting no love in favor of moe/generic stuff, yay!

Not a fan of Nanoha (checked for the net's saying of how she befriends people) or Sekirei (boobs), tried, fell asleep.

At least I can look forward to dubbed Gaiden.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quote
Hmmm. After the StrikerS movie I can't fathom any reason for otaku to give Seven Arcs any more money. Still, it's good for those who are fans of the Dog Days franchise.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
I'm now the guy who complains about his desired shows getting no love in favor of moe/generic stuff, yay!

Not a fan of Nanoha (checked for the net's saying of how she befriends people) or Sekirei (boobs), tried, fell asleep.

At least I can look forward to dubbed Gaiden.

Your desired shows are:

-less popular than they used to be, because
-it's been a longer time their last piece of animation came out.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Hmmm. After the StrikerS movie I can't fathom any reason for otaku to give Seven Arcs any more money. Still, it's good for those who are fans of the Dog Days franchise.

What?
TheMagickHat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
Yay! More bright, fluffy fun to be had. I am pleased with this!

HitokiriShadow wrote:

Ahahaha, you're joking, right? A decent amount of the yaoi/BL stuff not only gets scanned but translated into English. I've personally seen several in which Gaul takes Shinku's stiff, hot manmeat up his ass.

I actually misread that as "Shinku's staff, hot manmeat up his ass." Problem is, I wouldn't put that past a fujoshi to do that, either.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Ingraman wrote:
kanechin wrote:
no GITS 3rd, no FMP 4th, no new GTO but more crap. Yup, my happy anime world is dead.

You've got a strange collection of "happy anime", if you're putting GitS and FMP! in there. TSR was not happy. I loved GitS and FMP!:TSR, but they're far from "happy".

;p

Dude learn to read. He is not saying those are happy anime, but that those are the anime he likes, hence they make up his happy anime world. With no continuation that happy world dies. Its not that hard.

"Learn to read." No, not quite. Open your eyes and pay attention! Hmm... Maybe. Thank you so much for overlooking the smiley (now bolded to make it even more obvious), and going into a rant. I placed it out in the open, so that it didn't get lost in my typing. I knew exactly what was meant in the post that I replied to.

Quote:
Quote:
Why should more GitS and FMP! be produced, when their source materials are pretty much finished (if not long since ended)? That limits the possibilities of production committee members, when they have less to sell, and so makes funding the shows difficult. I'd love to see more (well, more Fumoffu would be a severe waste), but I hardly expect it. As for GTO? I haven't seen any of it and have had no interest in it.

Its also an irrlevant point to make regarding the connection to the other shows. He is not trying to make a zero sum gain argument. He is merely pointing out that dog days lacks a lot of substance, and better shows exist that are more deserving of sequels.

I watched the first series when CR finally got around to streaming it. Yeah, it was reasonably well-animated, fun fluff. Yeah, not much substance. I didn't like it enough to import it (at least the first series' BDs had English subtitles), and I'd probably pass on a US release, too. As I said above, I'd love to see more GitS and FMP!:TSR...

Quote:
But lets not kid ourselves there are at least 10-15 shows that came out within the last year alone that I think are more deserving of sequels

Could be, but their production committees have to be interested in making more. Did the series sell well enough to merit more getting made? Their other merchandise? If you give 'em a big enough pile of money, I'm sure that they'd listen.
darkcat1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I think I'll ignore the side tanget and just talk about the show. I liked it but season 2 didn't have the "something bad is gonna happen" stuff that the first one had. This kinda disappointed me but if they'd gone in for more of the crazy love story it woulda been better too.

I still want it to keep going in a vain hope that something will be just as good or better than season 1....
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Not all that much. I've only seen a few Gaul doujinshi, and even then most of them involved his sister.

The girls get far more attention.

Of course the girls get more attention, but I found it curious that I've seen more than 10 fujoshi oriented doujinshi (not all of them are scanned mind you, so I am going based on description). I know that is not a whole lot, but I'm sure there is more and it is certainly more than I've seen for some series I'd expect more for. It's also kind of amusing, in a way, as I see it as being a bit of passive-aggressive rebellion. Or maybe I'm just reading to much into it and the kemonomimi are hard to resist regardless of sex. Wink
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I call it "crossover appeal".

The producers aren't stupid. Otaku are obviously the main target hereX but they must've thought throwing the Fujoshi a bone was a nice idea.

SAO's another good example of this
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

That's crazy talk. Dog Days is fluffy as Cou-sama's tail, but it isn't bad.

And seriously, when I heard Millefi basically channel Nanoha in the opening moments of the first episode of season 2 "Dog Dash' is about to begin", something clicked in me. I hope they eventually get back to the Nanoha-verse, but Dog Days is simply too much fun and has plenty of potential. (And seriously, have you seen the list of seiyuu? Wow.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4