• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2010-01-08]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
But Lelouch was just a cold, manipulative bastard none of us can relate to.

I can sympathise with Lelouch in all but spoiler[his decision to die.]
I guess I underestimated his selfishness.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
I don't see how this relates. It is impossible for me to see every anime. Yeah. I don't actually want to see every anime. There are however some anime I really want to watch that I can see thanks to fansubs that normally would be impossible for me to see. So to say there is 'no reason' to resort to fansubs is clearly inaccurate. You could argue that it's not right for me to resort to fansubs or that I don't have to watch fansubs but clearly there is a valid reason I would like to use them. I don't see how you can deny that.

Then no problem
You are not forced to use fansubs.
You choose to because we all understand there is no way in hell (short of America folding into Japan) that every show running in Japan is ever going to make its way over here any more than they could expect to see every show we air here in the states.
If you, like myself, were adverse to using fansubs, you would watch something else that has been licensed.
That's my point. There's lots of licensed/legally streaming stuff to keep you busy.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, fair enough. There may be other stuff I could watch that is available legally and if my only motivation is to 'keep busy' or even to find any enjoyable anime to watch then you're right. Conversely though, I may really want to watch certain unavailable shows and those shows specifically. In that case, what you're saying now may still be true but as I said before, don't try to exaggerate and tell me "There's really no reason to resort to fansubs." as you did initially. There is a pretty good reason in that case.
gorbal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I know there has been a lot of crap anime lately, but I'm kind of disappointed that you didn't discuss more great anime of the 00's, like "Last Exile" ,"Ergo Proxy", "Mushi Shi" and "Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto". (Had to google it to spell it correctly, lol)

I didn't like most anime in the 90's myself. I didn't really get back into it until 2005 when my friends daughter showed me some of her favorites.

Edit- If a series is never released in your country or you simply can't afford it I really don't see any good reason not to view fansubs. That being said you can get most series either on Netflix or online perfectly legally and it won't break your bank.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5