• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Bullet Witch

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote
One thing that really annoyed me were the commercials. There was a shrill voice singing "I'M GOININ FOR THE KIIIILLLL I'M DOINIT FOR THE THRIIIILLLL" It makes no sense as a song, and if they're trying to imitate the pop culture songs on the radio, I've yet to hear anything like this. If this game really IS a parody like No More Heroes, then the point wasn't made clear to me.

Something is off-putting about Bayonetta's design to me, and not because she seems to be flailing her sex around to make Lara Croft seem like a nun. I'm not quite sure how to put it, but she seems...old. Like, if you changed her hair to white and gave her normal clothes, she wouldn't look out of place at a help desk at a library. Perhaps it's those old-people glasses. I can't be sure.

Can't say anything about the game itself though, as I haven't seen any videos of it.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
One thing that really annoyed me were the commercials. There was a shrill voice singing "I'M GOININ FOR THE KIIIILLLL I'M DOINIT FOR THE THRIIIILLLL" It makes no sense as a song, and if they're trying to imitate the pop culture songs on the radio, I've yet to hear anything like this.

That's La Roux. And they are awesome.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:
One thing that really annoyed me were the commercials. There was a shrill voice singing "I'M GOININ FOR THE KIIIILLLL I'M DOINIT FOR THE THRIIIILLLL" It makes no sense as a song, and if they're trying to imitate the pop culture songs on the radio, I've yet to hear anything like this.

That's La Roux. And they are awesome.

Wow, that is pretty awesome. I really liked the bit of the song from the commercial but having now heard more of their stuff I'm definitely going to get some of it off itunes.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quote
Oh good, new Lupin III game. Looks good. Heracles as well. Didn't even know that was a series. Wish I had a DS >.>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote
Wow--it's an actual song? I thought it was done as some sort of joke. I feel old.

Why does this version feel faster and the commercial version have an American accent instead? Is it some license-related knockoff? Maybe it's just how I remember it though...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4