• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Game-Based Dante's Inferno Animated Video Clips Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it looks fairly decent. I'll probably read the book first then watch this production. It's not too bad, the animation seems smooth in the scenes we see, and the Animatics are fairly nice. Something I'd pick up when its out on Blu-Ray.

Anyone else?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Ovan~the~Rebirth wrote:
Anyone else?

Not so much. I like what they are doing with the concept of the matter, I think it will be sort of interesting. But the animation from my eyes looks amazingly sub par. It may just be the crappy stream, but I counted three short cuts on the preview alone. The timing seems to be off as well. Makes me wonder whether this even warrants a Blu-ray. Hopefully it is just the stream.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting Lady Death "anime" vibes all over again....
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll be watching this just to see how bizarre and preposterous it gets. The giant dude is Dante? And I guess the pretty girl is Beatrice? And she's been taken by demons to hell and he rescues her...? Meh, if you take a 100% allegorical piece and turn it into a video game, then there are worse routes to take. The animation's very nice.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I don't recall the character in the game having such a large body...with such a small head.
AnimeGuy1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quote
The voice acting in the first video was really mediocre. The character animation in the other video made the guy look huge.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
I don't recall the character in the game having such a large body...with such a small head.

That frame is from the scene where he fights the head-shrinking voodoo doctors of the sixth circle.
kow626

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
i agree that the voice acting is massively sub par. seems to be an ongoing issue in the video game industry. some are on point, most are just horrible and cliched. it doesn't have to be forced. it should sound natural to match the graphics and gameplay to make it feel more authentic; like that movie beowulf. to me, that's the benchmark in voice acting. ALL forms of animation should use that movie as study material.

i also peeped the war for cybertron trailer on another site. megatron's voice sounds just as terrible as what we all just heard for this animated feature.

going even further. compare the japanese voice acting in fullmetal alchemist to the english dub. no comparison, especially with what i'm hearing in brotherhood. the original track is far superior to the dub. i only wonder how they'd sound if they were speaking english. then there's bleach. the original cast is horrid. the american cast is far and beyond a superior track. what i'm getting at is that voice acting is just as important as real acting. if this animated feature is gonna have the kind of voice acting i just heard, then right away i'm probably not gonna like it. i think it was that bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1