• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Official One Piece 3D Breasts Mouse Pads for Sale

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefuturemrsuzumaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh. My. God.
I may be a girl, but I want one. LOL xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quote
If it's okay to throw my hat into the ring... from conversations with actual Japanese people, One Piece is indeed considered a kids' show over there, "kids" being defined as "under 15." Not that there's anything wrong with enjoying a kids' show, nor that it wouldn't have older fans, especially people who started watching it years ago as kids and still want to follow the characters, but it is not an "aimed-at-all-ages" series. Again: there's nothing wrong with you liking it! At all! It is totally okay for you to like it! And clearly it does have older viewers, or else they wouldn't be selling this... thing. I'm sure plenty of 12-year old boys would get a giggle out of them, though. ("teehee! boobies!")

P.S. Of course males fixating on breasts isn't a biological imperative. Setting aside gay men, how about cultures where women go bare breasted most of the time? Males don't spend their time in a lustful daze as a result of it. While the female form in general (including breasts) will obviously hold attraction for heterosexual men (and homosexual women), what specific body parts become the primary object of sexual fixation has a lot of cultural construction to it. Even in a breast-focused culture, you have guys who care more about her rear or even her feet.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
If it's okay to throw my hat into the ring... from conversations with actual Japanese people, One Piece is indeed considered a kids' show over there, "kids" being defined as "under 15."

You see, there are two Japanese guys at work, and I've asked them about their views on anime. They said that anime in general is for kids, so, simply because they're Japanese they're correct now? Just like I already said to someone else, please do get a link from the creators saying that this show is definitely not doing anything to attract an older audience, then we'll talk about it.

vashfanatic wrote:
I'm sure plenty of 12-year old boys would get a giggle out of them, though. ("teehee! boobies!")

12 years old boys nowadays already know what boobies are and what kind of pleasure they give. Perhaps everyone is forgetting about our first year, you know, when all we do is to suck on boobies all day long. I do see that your post is full of philosophical assumptions, though I believe most of them are sadly wrong.

But I'm quite sure everyone's cleared up their views on this, so resuscitating the same thing again will just create an endless loop which might result in the accumulation of too much mass in the same enclosed space resulting in the creation of a black hole which could result in having everyone disappear instantly, or in the worst case, we could swap sex instantly.
I'm also sure that nobody here is ashamed of watching a show made for kids, so let's stop with this kind of "oh, you're a good boy, don't worry, watching this won't make you any worse" head patting.
animeboy12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm still a little disappoint that it had to be official art for these mouse pad. While I've always found the women of one piece to be sexy in concept, the execution of them defiantly lowers the hotness but really there are a lot of artist out there and lets say:

it's
done
better
noriko-takaya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
Too late, somebody already beat you to it Slightly NSFW

Well then, I'll up the ante and use naked boobies with real girls faces.
nightmaregenie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Why all this arguing back and forth? A lot of guys like boobs, a lot of otaku like squeezable boob products so it's profitable, and that's that. I'm a female and I personally like these mousepads better than the other moe girl ones - dunno, just think the images and poses look prettier. To me, they're just curious, funny oddities.
Still want to see the notorious shota crotch ones (maybe I went about the wrong way on google - I found nothing) 'cause I can't imagine what they'd look like, unless we're talking about...well...giant balls.
JLightstar wrote:
I think this is very odd for Oda to even consider however, if guys get mouse pads like these, don't you think the girls should get ones with the male characters dropping their trousers to bare their butts? ( the only part of the male anatomy I could think of.) while looking over their shoulders? Never underestimate the spending power of fangirls.

Massive lol. Why did I just get an image of Light from Death Note on a mousepad like that in my head!? If Shounen Jump ever does do something like that I'd so buy it - considering how I despise that character the pad would be perfect as a pin cushion!
Fonzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:43 am Reply with quote
nightmaregenie wrote:
Why all this arguing back and forth? A lot of guys like boobs, a lot of otaku like squeezable boob products so it's profitable, and that's that. I'm a female and I personally like these mousepads better than the other moe girl ones - dunno, just think the images and poses look prettier. To me, they're just curious, funny oddities.
Still want to see the notorious shota crotch ones (maybe I went about the wrong way on google - I found nothing) 'cause I can't imagine what they'd look like, unless we're talking about...well...giant balls.

Hmmm... Well we are now talking about hentai and such, how about the girls from the infamous Bible Black Series? Most people know of it even if they havnt seen it, because its one of the most famous Hentai Animes ever made. If they were made into Mousepads, there would be no problem with Bust size, since all the girls have about the same size. BIG!
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 am Reply with quote
So One Piece joined the industry of items with such provocative features.

Looks like in order to sell more for an anime franchise, they have to swallow the bitter pill and make items that usually being sold in hentai industry.

Heck, don't be surprised seeing a female Code Geass chary busty mousepad or Tsunade mousepad.

So what's next? hug pillows? Or maybe that "hole" thing?
-----

And no, i don't see mousepad counterpart for male anime characters. Joystick, perhaps. Razz
Fonzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:32 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... Joysticks? Not a bad idea. Also, Mice with Anime Characters on them. Keypads with Anime Logos and Characters. A Bleach Logo on the Top Right Corner, and the Characters from Bleach Captains maybe? Or the Lieutenants? or maybe a mix of characters? One keyboard for each of these would be a good idea. Can you imagine how many Keyboards they would sell? An Orihime Keyboard would sell well, as would Rukia. The Mice with them on it would sell pretty well too. WAAA...... I copyright the IDEA!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 am Reply with quote
Good bloody grief. I can't remember what facination I ever had for women with large breasts as a teenager, but that is just way over the top. A woman like that in real life would have nothing but problems. It's not the kind of thing one would want to have on one's desk in the office, unless one doesn't care about how one's female coleagues looked upon one. Sold to all social recluses everywhere. Rolling Eyes
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
P.S. Of course males fixating on breasts isn't a biological imperative. Setting aside gay men, how about cultures where women go bare breasted most of the time? Males don't spend their time in a lustful daze as a result of it. While the female form in general (including breasts) will obviously hold attraction for heterosexual men (and homosexual women), what specific body parts become the primary object of sexual fixation has a lot of cultural construction to it. Even in a breast-focused culture, you have guys who care more about her rear or even her feet.

Or belly button. Wink

I wonder if they'll make pads for Vivi, Nojiko, and Conis? Razz
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
It's not the kind of thing one would want to have on one's desk in the office, unless one doesn't care about how one's female coleagues looked upon one. Sold to all social recluses everywhere. Rolling Eyes

In case you're assuming that every sociable person doesn't own a home computer, and all the others besides those are recluses, then, yes, I can agree with that. Confused
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
I'm afraid I don't understand what's so attractive about breasts, much less animated/drawn breasts.
You are really not going to understand the theme of Seikon no Qwaser then. One of the newest anime coming out of Japan. The main character draws his power from...well, the girls around him. Laughing

[edit] Grammar

Last edited by Shadowrun20XX on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
I'm afraid I don't understand what's so attractive about breasts, much less animated/drawn breasts.
you are really going to understand the theme of Seikon no Qwaser then. The main character draws his power from...heh, the girls around him. Laughing Oh,yeah.

But that show is taking advantage of a fetish.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10