• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Official One Piece 3D Breasts Mouse Pads for Sale

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bakaShin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Some of you cosplay, have tons of dolls/action figures, ceiling high stacks of manga and this embarrasses you. If it had nipples and removable clothing then we might have something to talk about, especially if you can get a discount when you buy all 3 and how much is shipping.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
bakaShin wrote:
Some of you cosplay, have tons of dolls/action figures, ceiling high stacks of manga and this embarrasses you.

People just like to mourn about everything new. Never mind them. I wonder how many of those mourners actually saw all aired One Piece episodes and noticed that the main characters' boobies practically inflated. The mouse pad image isn't exaggerating, it really is that big.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
There's no way Oda would've approved of this! No freaking way!

you'd be surprised, Oda does have a sense of humor you know.

Quote:
I get Oda is a major perv, but still, this is a freaking young boy's comic! It's not aimed at adults and the creepy shut ins!

Quote:
So even children's shows have succumbed to attracting the loser otaku. Say what you will but all of these "oppai mousepads" are for losers.

in general One Piece is a show aimed at everyone not just younger audiences, so the fact that these mouse pads exist is not surprising for me, i think its hilarious.

a lot of people are saying that this is pandering to those loser shut in otaku who love all that moe crap. keep in mind that one piece is not a moe show, and none of these characters are anywhere near these characters are anywhere near the moe stereotype(i think Robins the exact polar opposite of it, in fact). To be honest if these came stateside i would probably buy one, just to show my friends, because of how completely ridiculous these are.

Last edited by Animehermit on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Quote:
No one's been able to prove that male's have a genetic sexual attraction to breasts though. A lot of people think breast fetishism is just a cultural phenomenon, not a biological one.

A lot of people are actually completely incorrect. Even more are total idiots who will believe anything. You sound almost like a "christian scientist" when you have to challenge people to prove something that's inherently illogical for you instead of actually pointing out solid evidence that proves it's true.

How is it inherently illogical?

A lot of things people think are "natural" aren't exhibited without socialization.

Sexual cues are a perfect example of socialization within humans and how it varies across cultures.

In many cultures there isn't the same level of/type of sexualization of breasts as one sees in the USA, I'm not sure if there are any cultures which sexualize breasts more than what one sees in the USA.

The sexualization, if it exists, often being ancillary to breasts just being part of the body/connected to caregiving.
merr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Quote:
No one's been able to prove that male's have a genetic sexual attraction to breasts though. A lot of people think breast fetishism is just a cultural phenomenon, not a biological one.

A lot of people are actually completely incorrect. Even more are total idiots who will believe anything. You sound almost like a "christian scientist" when you have to challenge people to prove something that's inherently illogical for you instead of actually pointing out solid evidence that proves it's true.

What? You might want to rephrase that last statement since it really doesn't make much sense.

Oh, and FYI, I'm an atheist and a Biology major. I wasn't trying to make an argument based on Christian sexual repression like you so kindly insinuated.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote
So what are the odds that Mitsuwa Marketplace will be selling these in the future?
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Navak wrote:
I'm not sure if there are any cultures which sexualize breasts more than what one sees in the USA.

In case I, myself, count as a single culture, then, yes, there is.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I was rather surprised to see these on AmiAmi this morning. The concept of the pads didn't surprise me as similar mouse pads have been around for years now, but the idea off licensed Shonen Jump products done this way was (though I guess if it's going to be any series it may as well be One Piece). I guess this is what the industry is like during a financial crisis. Nearly every show released this season has been little more than a device for delivering fanservice (not that I'm complaining...) and things like these are getting better licenses. Sex does sell after all.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I would have understood Bleach, but One Piece really doesn't have that much sexual tension. It just doesn't suit the show.

Quote:
One Piece, a children's show?

Yes, a children's or should I say kids show. Why do people like to lie to themselves and say it's a show for teenagers.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
Yes, a children's or should I say kids show. Why do people like to lie to themselves and say it's a show for teenagers.

No, they said it was somewhat universal. If there's any article from the creators saying this show is specifically aimed at kids and kids only, please provide us with a link, and an explanation as to why Nami's boobies have grown so big in the past hundred episodes if the show is aimed at brats.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Who says the anime industry is perverted? Rolling Eyes
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I have nothing.

I have absolutely nothing. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to say? Seriously! It's like...gah.

I get Oda is a major perv, but still, this is a freaking young boy's comic! It's not aimed at adults and the creepy shut ins! Not to mention it has a rather large European subset fandom.

.. most of whom are generally more open and less prudish than we (US) are me thinks. I went to France, turned on the TV and first thing I see in the middle of the afternoon is a commercial for some perfume or feminine product featuring a fully nude lady, pubic hair and all. I pick up some regular German cosmopolitan / chic / fashion/street scene magazine and I see a full spread of girls baring breasts. In Demark, public boobies are no problem either. I forget which county, but there was a regular TV, non-adult restricted, game show were boyfriends were blindfolded then had to feel up a bunch of bare ladies and determine which one was there girlfriend.

KanjiiZ wrote:
I would have understood Bleach, but One Piece really doesn't have that much sexual tension. It just doesn't suit the show.

Quote:
One Piece, a children's show?

yeah, and Ranma 1/2 was a "kids" show and also featured bare naked breasts. It's all relative. Just look at whole the Dragonball manga debacle here.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:

Still, when it has sexual tension, it's usually farking hilarious
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
KanjiiZ wrote:

No, they said it was somewhat universal. If there's any article from the creators saying this show is specifically aimed at kids and kids only, please provide us with a link, and an explanation as to why Nami's boobies have grown so big in the past hundred episodes if the show is aimed at brats.

Other than the fact that shonen comics are ELEMENTARY BOYS comics.

Quote:
shonen, or shounen, is a Japanese word literally meaning few years and generally referring to a typical boy, from elementary school through high school age.

I hate using Wiki, but it's quicker than anything I could say. The fact that Nami's boobs grow has nothing to do with being aimed at kids. Its a subtle thing not the whole shows premise. You're just lying to yourself if you think it's for older audiences. It seems like anime fans are just simply in denial about what is for kids and what isn't. Next you're going to tell me Naruto is a seinen manga because Tsunade has big boobs.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Five pages. Man, you people are perverse! You'd rather converse more about these exploitastic mousepads, instead of real women. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10