• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Confirms New Anime to Launch on February 14

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 pm Reply with quote
It's got to be Soul Eater. There is just no doubt in my mind.

And the 4x Bleach actually does them two favors.

1. They are speeding up the reruns so they can start airing primers in April.

2. Bleach is [as]'s highest rating grabbing anime. Putting 4x Bleach after the new show might get people to watch the new show as well. It's like a reinforcement for curiosity. (If they were planning on watching Bleach, they might decide to tune in a bit earlier to check out the new show because whether they like it or not, Bleach will be on right after.)
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote
It shouldn't be Soul Eater. Never release a show on TV simultaneous as your DVD release.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I personally can't wait for dokuro chan, I have pre-ordered it, along with kanokon and queens blade, all from media blasters, and since I do not mind subtitled only releases, I also have maria holic, tayutama~kiss on my diety, and a couple others pre-ordered as well, from now till april is going to be full of good releases for me....
dizzon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
I personally can't wait for dokuro chan, I have pre-ordered it, along with kanokon and queens blade, all from media blasters, and since I do not mind subtitled only releases, I also have maria holic, tayutama~kiss on my diety, and a couple others pre-ordered as well, from now till april is going to be full of good releases for me....

Congratulations! These must indeed be exiting times for you....but what does your shopping list have to do with Adult Swims February 14th anime premier? Though, don't get me wrong, I'm glad you decided to keep all of us in the loop.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
dizzon wrote:
Congratulations! These must indeed be exiting times for you....but what does your shopping list have to do with Adult Swims February 14th anime premier? Though, don't get me wrong, I'm glad you decided to keep all of us in the loop.

It's in response to the conversation on the last page. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
It shouldn't be Soul Eater. Never release a show on TV simultaneous as your DVD release.
I wouldn't say that, I think CN has done that with a few of those straight to DVD movies based on DC Comics properties before. What I'd say should never been done is what Bandai did with Gurren Lagann. Now I know they were still dubbing the show as it was first airing on Sci-Fi, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people were pissed seeing DVDs for the show on shelves and buying them only to realize they were sub only.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
dizzon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:48 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
It's in response to the conversation on the last page. Wink

Ah of course, must have missed that.........Please, carry on then.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Brakus wrote:
Having more anime become mainstream IS A GOOD THING. I would love it to be Soul Eater, especially since it dovetails nicely with the Bleach blast from 12:30 to 2:30.
Since when did a mediocre third-rate shounen series about wacky demons eating souls become anything that could possibly be considered "mainstream" in this country?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
Brakus wrote:
Having more anime become mainstream IS A GOOD THING. I would love it to be Soul Eater, especially since it dovetails nicely with the Bleach blast from 12:30 to 2:30.
Since when did a mediocre third-rate shounen series about wacky demons eating souls become anything that could possibly be considered "mainstream" in this country?

Which show are you referring to, Soul Eater or Bleach?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Mm, there are no demons in Bleach; Soul Eater I suppose? Both are third rate either way.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
It has to be Soul Eater. I can't see them playing FMA/FMA:B or IY/IYTFA simultaneously. And I doubt that the latter two have dubs this soon.

They will probably start FMA:B after FMA finishes it's final run, it's on episode 26 and 27 this weekend so it should be June by the time that's over, and then maybe they'll start airing FMA: B. Will definitely DVR whatever the new show is, just to check it out.
mckg1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
It could be soul eater ( releases feb the first dvd..) FMA B its possible but idk, Inuyasha FA i dont think so... hope its something that will surprise me though!(something good and surprising!)
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Namia_the_Theif_18 wrote:
that's very true.

i wonder what this new anime is that they got
if it's anything from like
funimation i am goin to be sooo happy.

like soul eater or something like that
i'm just glad their playin FLCL again; i can't imagine a person in the world who wouldn't be in love w/ that soundtrack!!!

I think it's either that or Gurren Laghn
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
sakuramusicstar wrote:

Gintama isn't licensed let alone dubbed so there's no way of it actually being on Adult Swim now even though I wish it could be.

Well we'll have to stop wishing now that Gintama has been licensed by the sub only co Sentai Fimworks/Section 23.

After that,it's preety sure it's NOT gonna happen and it's a shame cause it fits into AS targeted demography along with Bleach since it's s shouen jump series. Best bet that it's probably FMA Brotherhood.

though i hope that it might be Rin cause they need another decent TVMA series now that blood plus & death note is no longer there but i have my doubts about that cause of the timeslot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
magicalgirlj wrote:
I think it's either that or Gurren Laghn

Broadcast rights for Gurren Lagann are already with SyFy, that's not likely to change.

jr0904 wrote:
though i hope that it might be Rin cause they need another decent TVMA series now that blood plus & death note is no longer there but i have my doubts about that cause of the timeslot.

Rin takes TVMA to an extreme that Adult Swim could never go. Plus it's six, 46 minute OAV episodes, it just isn't in the right format for AS.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11