• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Confirms New Anime to Launch on February 14

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
So... the story is that they say they have one, but haven't revealed it yet?

That's some useful information we did not already have for weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Katane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
So if I got the correctly, Adult Swim will air:

One new show, whatever that is.

Two hours of Bleach reruns.

FLCL which was aired who knows how many times.

Cowboy Bebop which is cool since I haven't seen all of this

Ghost In The Shell, legendary.

Big-O they need to just let this go already.

and an hour of Inuyasha which I'm sure nobody is going to stay up that late to watch.

And Fullmetal Alchemist which I still say is overrated.

Now whatever this new show is, just as long as it's NOT from Funimation I'm OK with it(hopefully)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
The fact that they aren't replaying it the same night somewhat concerns me.

They haven't replayed anything on Saturday night for quite a while now.

Really? Even brand spanking new premiere night anime? That's pretty odd.

Nope, ever since the Saturday schedule was changed so that the first two hours are comedy shows they haven't replayed anything that night.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
The Big O eps are always from season 2, which AS co-produced. So I think they did give up the rights to season 1, and only air season 2 because they have a financial investment in it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phantom14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I am going out on a limb here and Iwill say that they have probly gotten something none of us are expecting. I dont think its more FMA or InuYasha, I dont think its soul eater as well. Call me out on it, but something tells me that, that is what is going to happen. [as] only is secretive like this for two resons for anime fans. 1 is either to piss us off with something lame, or 2, too draw back the anime fans back to their network with something amazing.
[as] as we all know has a love hate relationship with anime and thier fans. They love the anime they bring for us, and they hate that many of us don't watch it to boost teh ratings so they can bring more of it to their time slots. Its the main reson why anime is no longer on the weekday time slots.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quote
FLCL is really interesting since it means they actually had to license it a second time from a different company now that FUNi has it. That certainly does give more credit to the idea of another FUNi title like Soul Eater taking the midnight spot.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:

My money's on FMA: B.

my money aswell.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
alexcampos wrote:
HOWEVER, I'm still upset that adult swim couldn't get Naruto Shippuden, it doesn't make sense.
Did [as] even want it? The primary age groups for NarutoballZ aren't the people who are watching [as]. (The same reason why One Piece, while being a slight possibility, is very likely out of the question.)

You're saying this with the knowledge that Bleach is aimed towards the same demographic as Naruto and One Piece?

Seriously, though... 4 episodes of Bleach a night? -_-
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I am curious to what the "NEW ANIME" will be.
I don't think it will be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, just because according to their schedule they're still running the original series for the 100th time. It doesn't make too much sense to air two of a similar show that are in reality completely different.

But you have to remember they said they had gotten 3 possible series. They said maybe on that, but I'm hoping its something thats not Soul Eater, or Inuyasha. Not really interested in either of these two series.

But Yay! Very Happy for Bleach and FLCL, I've gotten behind in watching Bleach and have never seen FLCL.
boznia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
alexcampos wrote:
HOWEVER, I'm still upset that adult swim couldn't get Naruto Shippuden, it doesn't make sense.
Did [as] even want it? The primary age groups for NarutoballZ aren't the people who are watching [as]. (The same reason why One Piece, while being a slight possibility, is very likely out of the question.)
I think Adult Swim is only interested in one endlessly-running show at a time. They picked up Inuyasha back in '02, and once they were done with that, they picked up Bleach. I wouldn't expect AS to pick up a show longer than a couple of seasons until they're done with Bleach.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Katane wrote:

and an hour of Inuyasha which I'm sure nobody is going to stay up that late to watch.

Now whatever this new show is, just as long as it's NOT from Funimation I'm OK with it(hopefully)!

Funimation and Viz are the only two labels able to dub everything.

Unless, MB still has TV merchindising rights or NBC/Universal will let Manga air its old dubs from 1999-2002 besides on Sci-Fi.

Or if Section23 has a partnership that will let them show it's pre-sojitz ADV releases of 2003-2006.

CPM is loooooong dead. So they are out of the question.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
FLCL is really interesting since it means they actually had to license it a second time from a different company now that FUNi has it. That certainly does give more credit to the idea of another FUNi title like Soul Eater taking the midnight spot.

Emerje

Well aren't broadcast and DVD rights different? IIRC the broadcast rights from the last licensor haven't run out yet (and they said they weren't willing to part with FLCL anytime soon) out so they wouldn't have had to get it from funi (yet)

I'm kind of hoping it's new and interesting and not FMA or Inuyasha or Soul Eater. Maybe a comedy to replace Shin Chan. Or something really unexpected like Ouran or The Wallflower
bayoab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
bayoab wrote:
alexcampos wrote:

You're saying this with the knowledge that Bleach is aimed towards the same demographic as Naruto and One Piece?
In Japan, maybe. In the US, no. Bleach skews older. CN tracks all the major demographics for the shows even though they don't report them. Naruto and One Piece do not have the numbers in the 18+ demographic or they would have been on [as] long ago.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Katane wrote:

FLCL just returned to print.

Cowboy Bebop re-runs help fuel Bandai "Cowboy Bebop Remix" DVD sales that still remain in stock at Best Buy.

GITS, Where else can CN find TV rights for other incarnations?

One of the main reasons why the lineup hasn't changed since 2005 is because Pioneer/Geneon USA was the main R1 label that had MAJOR Access to cable TV merchidising on Cartoon Network,TechTV,Starz and Sci-Fi.

Because they tanked in 2007, it affected Adult Swim's anime lineup.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
bayoab wrote:
alexcampos wrote:

In Japan, maybe. In the US, no. Bleach skews older. CN tracks all the major demographics for the shows even though they don't report them. Naruto and One Piece do not have the numbers in the 18+ demographic or they would have been on [as] long ago.

So you're saying people who watch Bleach are usually older than those who watch the other two? Wow, that's news to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11