• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fly With the High

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting Tatsunoko VS Capcom shortly after it's release, even if it lacks certain playable Tatsunoko characters like Violence Jack and Lynn Minmay... Twisted Evil
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting NMH2, TvC, and ME2 at some point, though Mass Effect comes first because it's Mass Effect. Also, Steven Blum voices Grunt the Krogan.

And Fortress is supposedly somehow alive despite the first designers getting screwed....gee, this sounds EXACTLY LIKE FFXII DID.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
ReiClone88 wrote:
I'll be getting Tatsunoko VS Capcom shortly after it's release, even if it lacks certain playable Tatsunoko characters like Violence Jack and Lynn Minmay... Twisted Evil

I can just see it ... Minmay sings, and her opponent loses morale, stops fighting, and ignores most player input.
nagato316

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Re: Mute in Ar Tonelico III...

Akatsukiwolf wrote:
I'll rather have that character...keep the clothes on, HELL, wear even more clothes... Anime hyper

Yes please. A flashback to D from the Project A-ko franchise I did not need...*shudder*

Todd Ciolek wrote:
...but that game doesn't fill me with the same nerdish glee I'd feel at seeing...Production I.G vs. Capcom...

The GitS tag team of Major Motoko Kusanagi and Batou would be pwnage incarnate. Especially if Tachikomas figure in their super attack. Very Happy Not that they'd need them, but those l'il "spider tanks" are awesomeness also.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Gainax Vs. Capcom, OH GOD YES.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:
The GitS tag team of Major Motoko Kusanagi and Batou would be pwnage incarnate. Especially if Tachikomas figure in their super attack. Very Happy Not that they'd need them, but those l'il "spider tanks" are awesomeness also.

I'd lay down some cash to be able to do that Cool

A fighter in the GitS world would be a lot of fun, please make a Jameson-type body as a playable character...
LondinCalling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Suda 51's other game, Killer 7 is obviously a rip off of Pulp Fiction with the gimp hanging from the cieling. And the Light sword that the guy from No More Heroes uses is a blatant rip off of Star wars.

EDIT:

"Travis is taken from [the film] Paris, Texas. [Directed by Wim Wenders {german director} and shot in the United States]" - Suda 51
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh there are hardcore fans for Ushio. They're called...nah forget it, it's still too easy. Anime hyper

Ar tonelico 3 will definitely keep up the fap factor for otaku freaks (seriously, asking your gals to take off their clothes, how much closer to an ero-sim do you need to be at, Gust?) but I noticed the battle system seems to be more like a Tales of game. I wonder how that will work.

I see a lot of great releases here. I'm sure everyone will find something for their genre.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
and maybe if Persona 3 PSP comes out

Just got the latest newsletter from Atlus, P3P is coming in July 6!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Ushio and Tora. Now there's as series they should give a revival to. Didn't know there was a game. But why am I not surprised.

I took a look at that game 'Death Smiles'. Really nice shooter. Of course got some "bullet hell" going on. The music reminds me of Tohou a bit.

AT3 the last. Thank goodness. Didn't know if they wanted to carry it on this long. But didn't expect 3 to be the last. Glad they knew when to stop. I just hope it ties up loose ends. Though I'm not crazy about the game going 3D, but what are you gonna do? Oh and I love Muse. Curious to know what "diving" into her mind is like. Well, that's another OST to add to my collection.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Is it weird for me to look foward to Ar Tonelico 3? I don't like the whole undressing thing, but I really enjoyed the first two games because of the gameplay, music and characters. Really, things can't get much better than charging Replakia and unleashing certain doom upon your enemy!
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
More over defensive posturing about Sky Crawlers? How boring. All I have to say about that pretentiously hypocritical rubbish is if it's supposed to be deliberately slow and boring, then where exactly is the entertainment value for the viewer? Where does the enjoyment start? I watched that and thought it was just boring, whether that was deliberate or not is pretty much irrelevant. Boring is boring, end of.

I would be interested in playing No More Heroes 2, but given that there's a much better looking version of the first game heading to PS3/360 pretty soon, I think I'll wait until the sequel makes the same console jump.
I could smell the fanboy creeping up, but I think the Wii motion controls added a lot to No More Heroes, and by substituting it with button presses, a certain thing is lost, especially with the wrestling moves. Same thing for Shattered Memories flashlight.

And I don't think Innocent Aces will ever be as boring as the movie it was based on.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote
LondinCalling wrote:
Suda 51's other game, Killer 7 is obviously a rip off of Pulp Fiction with the gimp hanging from the cieling. And the Light sword that the guy from No More Heroes uses is a blatant rip off of Star wars.

EDIT:

"Travis is taken from [the film] Paris, Texas. [Directed by Wim Wenders {german director} and shot in the United States]" - Suda 51

Ah, so you're a troll. I THOUGHT those comments were rather... idio- I mean blatantly biased.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
More over defensive posturing about Sky Crawlers? How boring. All I have to say about that pretentiously hypocritical rubbish is if it's supposed to be deliberately slow and boring, then where exactly is the entertainment value for the viewer? Where does the enjoyment start? I watched that and thought it was just boring, whether that was deliberate or not is pretty much irrelevant. Boring is boring, end of.

I would be interested in playing No More Heroes 2, but given that there's a much better looking version of the first game heading to PS3/360 pretty soon, I think I'll wait until the sequel makes the same console jump.
I could smell the fanboy creeping up, but I think the Wii motion controls added a lot to No More Heroes, and by substituting it with button presses, a certain thing is lost, especially with the wrestling moves. Same thing for Shattered Memories flashlight.

And I don't think Innocent Aces will ever be as boring as the movie it was based on.

Somehow, I imagine Suda 51 is working to make sure that the Wii Motion controls are substituted with unique button combos, thereby replacing the fun of it from the wii controls with thumbstick movements.

I'll admit, NMH and Shattered Memories are probably in my top 5 'THIS IS HOW YOU USE THE MOTION CONTROLS' list but I can see them retooling it properly for non-motion controls... But who's to say that the PS3 will get the shaft? The six axis could be used, right?

Might mean a little extra work but it's still something to ponder.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
sfried wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:

Somehow, I imagine Suda 51 is working to make sure that the Wii Motion controls are substituted with unique button combos, thereby replacing the fun of it from the wii controls with thumbstick movements.

I'll admit, NMH and Shattered Memories are probably in my top 5 'THIS IS HOW YOU USE THE MOTION CONTROLS' list but I can see them retooling it properly for non-motion controls... But who's to say that the PS3 will get the shaft? The six axis could be used, right?

Might mean a little extra work but it's still something to ponder.
I disagree with the retooling, particularly with Shattered Memories, since the specific spots you highlight with the flashlight/remote actually affect the way the you progresses through the game. Not to mention in No More Heroes, Silvia makes calls via the Wii Remote (which has a built in speaker). It'll take more than remapped button combinations to fix it, just as making Knights in the Nightmare for PSP makes very little sense outside the touchscreen capabilities of the DS...or even iPhone.

Still do not see how someone could pass out NMH2 just because of Heroes Paradise. I admit there's a million reasons right now (one of them being Tatsunoko vs. Capcom), but a port is not one of them, and that won't be out in a long time.

Last edited by sfried on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4