• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Howl's Moving Castle Actress Jean Simmons Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
She was a great old time actress. It is truely sad to see her pass on. Lung cancer is one of the worst ways to pass away.

Even though she's only voiced in two anime related films. I'll remenber her best as Older Sophie, she did an excellent job in portraying the cursed form of Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle.

I'm glad she got that part, cause her role in "Spirits Within" wasn't that memorible. Course that movie got mediocre reviews for various reasons.

Anyways I give my deepest condolences to her friends and family.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
It's such a shame to hear the news of her passing. Just going by her performance in Howl's Moving Castle alone, you can tell by the caliber and quality of her acting how classically-trained she was and that she was a real talent. She'll definitely be missed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2