• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Ghost in the Shell Writer Discusses Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsc315

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Didn't we already get this movie? It was called the Matrix. Yes i know it was loosely based off of it. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Didn't we just get this comment? It was about live action Ghost in the Shell being done already and the punchline was it was The Matrix.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsc315

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Well i was not trying to be funny. Matrix had a huge influence from GITS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Yes, we got that message from about 2 people in this thread days ago. That's what I'm saying.

OK, so what if the Matrix was influenced by fill-in-the-blank? In jest or seriously, because the Matrix was made, no sort of live action GitS movie should be made? The Major is not Neo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5