• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim to Debut Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
It is also listed as going up on Wednesdays online for those of you in the US who don't get [as].
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad they put this in a great time slot! I'm hoping it does well in the ratings. I know "ratings" was the reason they supposedly cut back on anime, but they didn't even advertise Code Geass or Moribito.

I'm actually hoping they WILL advertise Brotherhood, because regardless of what they air, adult swim has made some of the coolest anime promos EVER.
dizzon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:
Just because an anime is being broadcast on national television does not mean the fanbase will grow. This is only going to interest us anime fans. Besides, are you really worried about other people liking anime? Instead of worrying about anime not having an extremely huge fanbase, just enjoy it while you can. Who cares if it's not big.

There's nothing wrong with hoping for an influx of at least a little more cash into the R1 system, the better they do the better off we all are. Now that's not to say Brotherhood is guaranteed to bring in new fans, but if a few more fans came along as a result it certainly wouldn't hurt. Besides, if you are worried about it getting big...you shouldn't, those days have long since passed.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:

Just because an anime is being broadcast on national television does not mean the fanbase will grow. This is only going to interest us anime fans. Besides, are you really worried about other people liking anime? Instead of worrying about anime not having an extremely huge fanbase, just enjoy it while you can. Who cares if it's not big.

I've seen you make this argument a couple times, as though you're confused and offended by people who want their chosen hobby to be successful and popular.

Anime successful and popular in the US = more anime. Pretty simple logic. You may not care at all about anything that doesn't impact you directly, but other people do, and it isn't that hard to understand why. Enjoy your cave, please stop telling other people to stop caring about the health of the industry.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean the topic's closed again, Zac?
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quote
fuzaco wrote:
The first series only followed the manga's story until spoiler[Hughes's death], and everything else was anime-original.

Actually, the series diverged with the spoiler[death of Greed. Dante and the return of Rose ] in the original series replaced the spoiler[ Xingese crowd. Hughes' death ] happened earlier in the manga, but the plot was pretty much the same until second season.

Oh and @BunnyCupCakes, not sure if you're aware, but Code Geass season 1 is up on Crunchyroll. Save the midnight oil if you need to! ^___^
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
YES! FINALLY!! Totally DVRing that!!!

Diddo that, I'm so happy I screamed when I read it!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
As a reader of the manga, let me say that it isn't "like the first series until [X]". While the first few arcs of the manga were used for the first half of the first series, there are differences immediately, and you can't just skip these first fourteen episodes and expect the others to make sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
niiica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah, this should totally make me catch up with FMA again... Yay!
care2care

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Ah, man! I've been waiting for Brotherhood to be dubbed since I first heard it being remade! I'm so excited! I didn't know they would release it so fast! (maybe FUNi put this one on top priority?)
thefuturemrsuzumaki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh. My. God. YAY!!!! >w<

As one of the many FMA fans, this is awesome!! Not to mention I'll be meeting Vic Mignogna this May at ACen 2010 (e-mail me if you're going), so I'll have to ask him how it was dubbing FMA: Brotherhood. And if it was weird doing it (it meaning FMA) without his true "little brother," Aaron Dismuke.

Now I just have to find an excuse to visit someone that has cable TV...*looks around*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tinlunlau

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Sure took Funi long enough to start releasing the English dub. The Cantonese dub is only 3 episodes behind the Japanese version and is dubbed pretty well. Why'd it take over 10 months for the English dub to come out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Heck yeah, way to go Swim! Certainly the best news, as I really enjoyed the first and second season. As well as the movie and manga.

Cheers, its been a couple months/years since I have had a second show to watch on Saturday. Awesome work, thanks again.

Also, thanks Funimation, I have said this once and I'll say it again, your company is exceptional and has the most enjoyable english audio's next to Viz Media's.

Only ten days to go now.
Capella

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Hiyugi wrote:

I've been watching the episodes online. I can understand peoples distastes for remakes, but just to let everyone know that the first 13 episodes of FMA: Brotherhood is similiar to the First Season that was shown to us before. The FMA: Brothehood storyline doesn't change till after episode 13 is when the story is different and I mean "SUPER-DIFFERENT". There's going to be a good 14 week wait till the story changes.

It's true that the first 13 episodes of FMA: Brotherhood are similar to the first season of FMA but there are changes from the very beginning. Quite a few of the first few episodes of the first season (before it completely strayed from the manga) diverged from the manga chapters they where taken from. So like penguintruth stated, you wouldn't be able to just skip to episode 14 as certain episodes are bit different.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
Well I'll be darned. I didn't think this would be the first one up to bat; I was completely thinking this would be the one coming out in September.

Anyway, totally setting up my DVR box for this. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7