• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim to Debut Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiuXuande

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Great, more Vic Mignogna Rolling Eyes

Cue the crazed fangirls.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I was watching AS and it gave a quick viewers stats list, it said Bleach had about 350,000+ viewers, hopefully FMA will get good viewership, it doesn't help that it doesn't have "Brotherhood" in the title, if you didn't know that it wasn't a rerun you'd probably skip it because you'd think it was the old one.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
dark_serenity wrote:
well everyone can now say we saw it comin -o- im all for it *im looking foward to the dub ^-^* but i was hopin adult swim would do somethin new...

dare i say i was kinda hopin for soul eater to get on adult swim,,, sigh... guess it was out there though.... -.-

i wonder why they're taking so long to announce the next anime??? Sad
Well, if we're basing it on the schedule they posted when the three anime were announced, the next one won't be out until around September. It makes sense to me: you don't want to send out everything at once, especially when you don't know how the viewers will react.

Of course, they could always switch their schedule around and release the second one earlier, but who knows.
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 am Reply with quote
Well I'm happy hear to this batch of good news, I'm very much looking forward to this. So when does it premier?

Last edited by ~nanashi~ on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
NevilleLeck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:14 am Reply with quote
OH no....
NevilleLeck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
NevilleLeck wrote:
OH no....
i'm still wander that
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I was watching AS and it gave a quick viewers stats list, it said Bleach had about 350,000+ viewers, hopefully FMA will get good viewership, it doesn't help that it doesn't have "Brotherhood" in the title, if you didn't know that it wasn't a rerun you'd probably skip it because you'd think it was the old one.

It has Brotherhood in the title because I saw it on the trailer Adult Swin aired during Ghost in the Shell.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
boogiecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:19 am Reply with quote
[quote="fuuma_monou"][quote="jr0904"]
fuuma_monou wrote:

Recently they began airing the U.S. dubs of Bleach and Samurai Champloo, so I'm guessing there's some licensing restrictions that prevented them from using the U.S. dubs for Baccano, Gurren Lagann, Red Garden, etc.

AFAIK the reason why Animax Asia avoids those officially dubbed English dubbed animes due to pricing and cost issues.

The English dubbed version of FMA Brotherhood on Animax wasn't as good as the ones made by FUNimation.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote
boogiecat wrote:
AFAIK the reason why Animax Asia avoids those officially dubbed English dubbed animes due to pricing and cost issues.

Surely licensing an existing U.S. dub is cheaper than making their own, even with the low cost of dubbing in Asia, or is the international scope upping the price? Makes me wonder if they got a sweet deal for the original FMA's U.S. dub since Sony owns Animax and Aniplex. In any case the cost issue would explain why they bothered to roll their own dubs for Inuyasha, Ranma, and Yu Yu Hakusho, all over 100 episodes long, when the U.S. dubs were already in the can.

(I'll have to double-check, but I think Baccano! wasn't fully released in the U.S. when Animax started airing it. Same with Red Garden. With the five episodes a week sked, waiting for the U.S. dub to be finished was probably ruled out in those cases.)
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:

It has Brotherhood in the title because I saw it on the trailer Adult Swin aired during Ghost in the Shell.

I was actually referring to in the TV guide, like on Dish Network, because when I set mine to record it it didn't have Brotherhood in the title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7