• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Delays, Cancels Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I take it as a bad sign for MB that John hasn't come in here blustering yet.

I'd like to think he is busy trying to do his best by the company and its fans rather than come and here and waste time arguing with random people.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
via Media Blasters Facebook page
Quote:
- So did you really cancel the Fushigi Yugo OAV sets? An honest answer would be appreciated.

- No, who said that? I have the masters in my office. It is all coming out.

LINK
Quote:
- Will Squid Girl Season 2 Be Released Soon Cause Thats My Favorite Anime

- Moving dates around

LINK
Quote:
- Hey, I love you guys. Is there any way you can you give me a reason why Squid Girl Part 3 was withdrawn from release? I and many others were really looking forward to seeing more Squid Girl! Will you still be releasing it or did something happen?

- We are trying to get out and will be working on it.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
AnimeCornerStore wrote:
If someone at Stuf was told by Sirabella that the FY OVA will be rescheduled later, well, I'm not sure I would be comfortable putting that out to people (or maybe they are still just drinking the coolaid), but we were definitely told that the release for the FY OVA was being CANCELED.

WTK wrote:
via Media Blasters Facebook page
Quote:
- So did you really cancel the Fushigi Yugo OAV sets? An honest answer would be appreciated.

- No, who said that? I have the masters in my office. It is all coming out.

Rightstuf - +100
RACS - 0

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Uh, so RACS were told by Media Blasters that there was a cancellation but Media Blasters are saying there isn't a cancellation. Hmm. Either there is a misunderstanding, or someone is lying.

I find myself siding with RACS. I mean, they have no reason to lie in this instance whereas Media Blasters certainly does. There's also the matter that even if the title is not cancelled, if stores like RACS never get any copies then what's the point?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Uh, so RACS were told by Media Blasters that there was a cancellation but Media Blasters are saying there isn't a cancellation. Hmm. Either there is a misunderstanding, or someone is lying.

I find myself siding with RACS. I mean, they have no reason to lie in this instance whereas Media Blasters certainly does. There's also the matter that even if the title is not cancelled, if stores like RACS never get any copies then what's the point?

Maybe because RACS wants to sell out the rest of the Geneon releases he has for that disgusting price tag he listed?

But Rightstuf first said that MB confirmed that Fushigi Yugi OVA's were not cancelled and RACS comes along saying they are (and making that comment about Rightstuf "drinking the coolaid"). Given the kind of attitude Rob has, I would not be surprised if he was lying or had completely misunderstood.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
Well I guess we'll find out eventually who was right.

I just wish these industry people would get their ducks in a row and sort things out. Also, they should stop publicly insulting one another. You are correct that there was no reason for Rob to belittle RightStuf like that, even if it is a big rival of his.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
I also agree. Media Blasters continues making themselves look bad and I wonder how the heck they are still in business with all these cancellations.

And ya....you don't see Rightstuf reps insulting rival companies. I have always seen Rob bashing them for no reason (and I have also seen Rob going out of his way to, or try to, personally attack people who don't like his business practices or his attitude).
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
And ya....you don't see Rightstuf reps insulting rival companies. I have always seen Rob bashing them for no reason (and I have also seen Rob going out of his way to, or try to, personally attack people who don't like his business practices or his attitude).

*shocked*

Thank you for that, thank you. I can certainly understand why you'd be leery of Rob. From that thread you posted I then followed a link to here, where if you scroll down you'll see him ragging on against pluvia33 in an extremely unprofessional manner. It sounds like that's normal behaviour from him.

Rob may still be right about the Fushigi Yugi OVAs. But for heaven's sakes, that behaviour of his is appalling, especially from someone who runs a company. Being outspoken is fine and all but he seems to take it as a license to be as juvenile and as insulting as possible. It's like he doesn't take any pride in his company and just uses his position as an excuse to say crap about people.

I can understand why he's annoyed at RightStuf, as they are cosy with Aniplex and can undercut him by quite a significant margin. That may be business but it ain't exactly fair. But even so, that's no excuse for the way he treats them. What happened to acting professionally?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8