• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Delays, Cancels Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 am Reply with quote
I appreciate Media Blasters for some of their releases, but I wish they would take a break from anime and let more reliable companies handle getting these shows out, let alone out on time.

Hopefully they can stabilize themselves as company much better, but until then, Media Blasters, stop licensing shows that deserve better effort in getting released, contrary to Queens Blade and Kanokon.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Quote:
Darnell Dawkins: Mouth Guitar Legend ... Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead

I for one cannot understand why this company is in financial trouble.

Laughing I've forgotten ... how many Academy Awards was Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead nominated for again?
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 am Reply with quote
Media Blasters do us all a favor and give up on Anime. You are doing nothing but wasting yours and our time by licensing stuff only to release it unfinished if it all.

Just die as a company or at least as a licensee of Anime and do it now!

Hard truth
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
I REALLY hope some other company picks up Squid girl season 2! I love squid girl and it would suck not being able to have season 2 on my shelf.
Sad
lulz0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote
I thought they were already out of business. Wait, that was Bandai I guess
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote
I was looking forward to Squid Girl, but at least the first season is fairly self contained. When it comes to Media Blasters, I tend to take a "believe it when I see it" mentality with their license announcements.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Media Blasters is now a zombie, and probably has been one for months. It makes noises and stumbles about, but there's no-one home in the brains department.

I didn't want it to fail, but as some have said, right now it would be best if it did. It's just wasting everyone's time and has become an embarrassment. It's also holding on to certain licenses that I would rather see an actually functioning company take hold of.

Media Blasters, may you rest in peace. Now, hopefully someone with a shotgun will put the poor thing out of its misery. Remember, you kill a zombie by aiming at the head.

Last edited by dtm42 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
chichiri_chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Please, release the Fushigi Yugi OVAs... My copy died a long time ago and I was eager to replace it this January.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Quote:
Darnell Dawkins: Mouth Guitar Legend ... Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead

I for one cannot understand why this company is in financial trouble.

Laughing I've forgotten ... how many Academy Awards was Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead nominated for again?

I was always kind of annoyed how they tried to push their shitty J-films at conventions. It's like, "No, I don't care for non-attractive Japanese girl and cheesy special effects", but they always framed it like these were what's keeping them alive. If they survive on live-action garbage, things I'd consider below bad anime, then good riddance from the animation market.
kushiel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
Come on, come on! Live long enough for me to pick up Fushigi Yuugi season 2!

All the companies I love are dying. *sighs*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
And with that, Media Blasters is officially DEAD to me. Squid Girl was the only title I was buying from them, and now that season 2 of it is apparently canned/on indefinite Hiatus, I'm done with MB.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
Hang in there Media Blasters!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
I said this in an earlier topic, but I think it bears repeating here: Maybe if John Sirabella stopped acting like a tool and started actually running his company instead of shirking out on his taxes, mistreating his voice actors, and yelling at people on internet forums, then maybe there would be some hope for them.

But at this point, I think they've let things get to where they've become so bad that I doubt there's any light at the end of the tunnel for them. The only thing to do right now is to pick up as many Media Blasters releases as you can before they inevitably go belly up.

They used to be one of my favorite distributors, too, so I'm sad to see this happen to them. But yeah, I'm done. After I pick up Genshiken and Midori Days, I'm through with Media Blasters. Hate to say it, but they really brought this upon themselves. Stick a fork in 'em.

Hopefully someone like Sentai will be able to release the second season of Squid Girl. And I really do hope Viz puts out the rest of Bakuman as well (though I'm not holding my breath for them, either Confused ).
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Well there goes my hope for ever getting a Squid Girl season 2 release.

You know the hard part about this isn't the wait and the delays and what not but the fact that Media Blasters says pretty much nothing to us about what they are doing and why this is going on. We have no idea if they are perma cancelling these shows or if they plan on getting them out at some other point or something along those lines.

The bottom line is they need to start talking. As many others have already mentioned they are losing trust of the people who would keep them alive in the first place and without the sales those people would bring in they will certainly go under for real if that isn't already what is happening.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
Alright guys, place your bets on how many times they are going to delay Jubei-chan. Laughing

I don't get why they even bother licensing Anime anymore, nor do I even get all these delays. I mean, come on, Fushigi Yugi has already been dubbed years ago and is getting a pretty bleh packaging so what is with the constant delays? And this is the third time that they have pushed back Ai no Kusabi 2012 (it is a flipping 4 episodes show with no dub track and I really doubt that the Japanese are making them constantly delay the release).

Sorry MB but I no longer have any faith in you. You really should just stick with your crappy Live Action films and hilariously titled hentai. Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE JUST GIVE UP THE ZETSUBOU SENSEI LICENSE!!!!!! It's coming up what, a good 3 years since you licensed it? Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8